Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Hog Hunter. 357 Max (Read 6919 times)
Dino in Reno 2

Re: Hog Hunter. 357 Max
Reply #15 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 4:39am
Print Post  
oneatatime, Nice rifle. i love this size of Martini, wish there were new ones with a slightly longer and a touch thicker at the barrel of the action.

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I think that the finish on these Little Francotte Martini's are better than anything the BSA put out.
I wonder though why so many different designs were made or did they evolve over the years?
I include a couple of photo's of two Francotte's I have which are different from each other and the earlier posted photo.
The one with the lever on the side, a quarter turn and the action drops out. Could this have been a later refinement?
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2020 at 5:47pm by Nero »  

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Fritz, yes it does. I haven't really wringed it out yet but a first try with the 80 grain BACO and 3.3 grains of AA5 at 50 yards put 4 out of 5 in .3 inches then I blew it on the 5th at 1.03. Dino, this one has a round barrel but the top is a flat smooth rib and the receiver is sloped to it. Nero, yes, always changing. This one is the miniature large with the cocking indicator on the other side of the action. No names/marks other than the Belgian proofs.

IP Logged

Dino in Reno 2

Reply #18 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:40am
Print Post  
oneatatime,
When I get my wood back and attached I will get some range time and tell all the results Smiley
Dino

IP Logged

Dino in Reno 2

Reply #19 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Nero, lovely. If I ever get to travel, may I look you up? 
Smiley Nice rifles.
Dino

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Sure but I don't know if you realise I am on the other side of the world to you and I reckon the borders won't be open anytime this year although here are exceptions like the Americas cup which literally brings in millions of dollars and a few hundred film crew and dependants to make another Avatar. All of whom have to send two weeks in isolation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint