Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic photos vanishing (Read 2722 times)
calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

photos vanishing
Apr 21st, 2020 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Using the Private message system to correspond with others, I have sometime sent photos or had sent to me. Twice now, including just a short while earlier this afternoon, the photos that I had sent went away. The message is present, but no photo. What happened? More importantly, is there a way to prevent it from ever happening again? 
I go and clean out the section with PMs now and then, and did so just a couple  of days ago. But the photos that went missing were after that act, and I know it wasn't a mistake. Just, pffftttt. Pat

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Re: photos vanishing
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
At this time I honestly do not know. You are the first user to make this complaint.

Send me a private message and let me know who you sent the message with the missing photo to, and what the message and photo contained so I can investigate further.

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2020 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Well, I don't really care if the photos are missing if it means breeching confidentiality. What we had discussed wasn't something pertinent to the forum, but rather about our families and some health issues. That's not what the photos were, but the contents of the messages contained in part.
I just thought that since other things go wandering from this list, that maybe some of them were easily retrieved. Mostly, I just wanted to know what went haywire and avoid it if that was possible.  Thanks anyhow. Pat

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2020 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Well, the monthly cleaning out of the PM that I send resulted in the complete removal of the attached photos once again. Obviously, the ones I deleted on purpose are no trouble- I made that choice. The ones left intact, not slated to remove the message yet, are again no big loss. However, I can see a time when the photo may have some value and I'd like it to be there- for instance If I forgot where I found it originally, but I could still gain access in that message- if it doesn't vanish without touching it. Am I deleting these by doing something wrong? I don't want to clog up your site with unneeded crap, but I will if it means losing things that I wish to save when I clean up. Pat

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2020 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Well, the monthly cleaning out of the PM that I send resulted in the complete removal of the attached photos once again. Obviously, the ones I deleted on purpose are no trouble- I made that choice. The ones left intact, not slated to remove the message yet, are again no big loss. However, I can see a time when the photo may have some value and I'd like it to be there- for instance If I forgot where I found it originally, but I could still gain access in that message- if it doesn't vanish without touching it. Am I deleting these by doing something wrong? I don't want to clog up your site with unneeded crap, but I will if it means losing things that I wish to save when I clean up. Pat

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint