Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic stevens scope ad (Read 1333 times)
Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

stevens scope ad
Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
on a 414

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: stevens scope ad
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I've got a copy of it. Quite unusual magazine ad for Stevens, as most of the others I've seen from this period feature boys rifles.  Can't remember seeing another one that emphasized Stevens scopes.

Hard to believe now that ads for guns of any make were once considered "acceptable" by such an important mainstream magazine as the Post.  Yet I've got a Life mag c.1960 with a bird hunter on the cover!  But of course, the depraved '60s were the beginning of the end of traditional American culture.

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
True, but it was a golden time for the gun manufacturers, especially in the early 60's.
I remember  ads for AR7 type fold-up paratroop rifles in magazines.
30 cal aircraft machine gun for $60.
Try selling this stuff in Bogota New Jersey today!
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:48pm by Rebel »  

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Rebel wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:33pm:
True, but it was a golden time for the gun manufacturers, especially in the early 60's.

Yes, that's when I was ordering Martinis, Snyders, Rolling Blocks, & other foreign military rifles out of ads in the Rifleman for about $20. But by the late '6Os, the anti-war & civil-rights protestors had begun their destruction of the country--which hasn't stopped yet.

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Redsetter - And neither have wars and social injustice. It would seem that the human race would eventually learn, but I am beginning to have doubts. Still hold hope for my grandson and generations to follow.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint