Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Roger no.1 and flyers (Read 6982 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Roger no.1 and flyers
Reply #30 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
gewehrfreund wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 3:42pm:

It's also true that up to "about" 1971", they were using Douglas premium barrels.  .

Actually up  until 1969 Ruger purchased barrels from Marlin Firearms Co. But Marlin was too busy keeping up with orders and stopped selling Ruger barrels in 1969. I have no idea what guns Ruger put these barrels on, but Bill Brophy gave me this info, and later documented it in his book on Marlin Firearms History.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #31 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:26am
Print Post  
I had a 77 in .280 that put 3 shots in about 1.25" @ 100 right out of the box with factory Remington ammo.   That was good enuf for what I bought it to shoot at  Cheesy

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 11:33am
Print Post  
There ya go, blindeye, gettin' all sensible on those guys. Well earned attaboy for you.. Smiley

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #33 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
I guess most would assume that load work up and testing come first, after making sure the rifle is set up properly. Check and re-check everything, then move on to problem solving. As I said replacing the barrel is the last resort, but has proven to be the best solution for me. I always strive for the best accuracy obtainable, regardless of end use. If you can settle for less, to meet your own needs, more power to you. and best of luck.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint