Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) model 33 Husqvarna (Read 5141 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: model 33 Husqvarna
Reply #15 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
rollingblock wrote on Sep 2nd, 2018 at 9:53pm:
I wish one would follow me home, must be nice. I always end up having to buy mine. Darn.  Cry

I loaned a friend some money years ago, and he "stuck me" with the Type 33 Rolling Block as collateral. I knew nothing about them then, and was more into Remington Sporters, so didn't want to keep it. About every 6 months I'd ask if he wanted his Roller back, and he'd tell me he didn't have the money yet. After abut 3-4 times asking he asked if I'd mind keeping it for what he owed. I wasn't excited, but he was a friend, so I said OK.
Once it was mine I began investigating the gun, and found it to be a very neat gun, and a caliber I liked. I made up ammo for it, and began to shoot it. I fell head over heels for it then, and it's one of only a couple non US made single shots I own. I always stayed clear of foreign made singles too, just to keep life simple.
But it would take a lot for me to part with the 33 now! Maybe another Ballard, or a nice Rolling Block Sporter.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Bonner

Reply #16 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 10:04am
Print Post  
jhm, Yes it came from Montrose, I was very happy to see it for sale. I had never seen one, but I have read about them here on the board. It seam to me, more roller are showing up for sale, which is great to see because not to meany are in our neck of the woods. Bonner

IP Logged

Bonner

Reply #17 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Marlinguy, I was going to take a camber cast and report here what I found?? Well I thought the best thing for me to do was, send the rifle out to Taylor Machine. He should have it in a day or so and let me know what it is and the best way to go with this rifle. I have to many wild cat now, Maybe it will git relined to a new round that I can shoot off hand. Bonner

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Was the bore not good in your Type 33? I'd certainly try to get it shooting as is, if the bore is good. The various calibers are all pretty easy to form from readily available brass. Bullets might require a custom mold to cast if they're an oddball diameter, but a custom size mold from somewhere like Accurate isn't badly priced. If the groove diameter is close, a slightly larger bullet can be sized down easily. I size mine down from a .38-55 mold I have to make them .376" for my bore.
John Taylor will definitely be able to give you good input on your gun, but it's value will be much higher if it retains the original bore and chamber.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint