Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Does anyone hunt using breachseated cast bullets (Read 16505 times)
Barrabruce

Does anyone hunt using breachseated cast bullets
Jul 5th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
I was just wondering.
I breachseat cast bullets for better accuracy in my rifles but can use fixed as well.
Anyone hunt breach seated.
Surely no worse than muzzle loading.
Specially with a plugged case.
Or should I just get out more.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Does anyone hunt using breachseated cast bullets
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Interesting thought, but it never crossed my mind. I hunt with fixed ammo, but I see no reason a guy couldn't breech seat before he started his hunt, and then simply shoot the gun at the end of the day if he didn't see game?
Of course you'd have to make sure the first shot counted! But that's a good idea anyway.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Toyed with it a bit, with intention to breech seat a bullet just before start of 1st day's hunting and leave that bullet there until fired at game or end of hunting. Had good supply of loaded cases in case had to remove first one and lost powder. Had fixed ammo for second, etc. shots. But results with fixed ammo were just as good in that rifle, so, never tried it.

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Unless you're hunting prairie dogs at long range why bother? I doubt that the accuracy difference between breach seated and fixed means anything when hunting big game and shooting at reasonable distances.

JS

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Easily done but I am also not so sure it might end up with a game animal having to suffer needlessly should the first shot not go quite as planned.

JLouis
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2018 at 4:26pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Barrabruce

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Well I was thinking having fixed as back up if needed.

I use a wad or filler sometimes which stops the powder spillage.
Extracting the case and replacement is not a hassle.
I have a piece  of copper tube Filled with lead that knocks out the bullet or the odd tight case when let free fall from the muzzle.

I don’t shoot dangerous game.
Maybe a pig.
Yes dancing around trying to breach seat a bullet while dodging slashing tusks might not be all that fun.....except for the onlookers.
I’m more of a sampler of tasty morsels than big game hunter.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 2:06am
Print Post  
What would be the point of BSing the first shot?  BSing with preloaded cases would definitely be less clumsy and faster than ML.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 2:06am:
What would be the point of BSing the first shot?  BSing with preloaded cases would definitely be less clumsy and faster than ML.

In my case, rationale was based on following:
1) Only once in decades of rifle hunting have I needed a second shot. And that was with a turnbolt, which can be easily BSed by removing bolt, so 2nd shot could be as quick as normal.
2) Breech seating is often touted as way to get higher velocities than can be obtained with fixed, while maintaining acceptable chamber pressures. This could be useful if hunting in areas where longer shots at game are likely or if heavier loads are required or more suited. 
3) Reloading with fixed will take no longer than normal, even with single shot rifle.

In practice, especially given that I have two hunting rifles, I take the one offering 200+M range, instead of 150M max, if longer shots are likely. However, longest hunting shot was only 150M max, most are 70-80M or less.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Seems like having two velocities in  a hunting rifle would be detrimental if a follow up shot were required.  It may not happen often, but one never knows when an animal will move at the precise moment the trigger lets off.   Happened to me the only time I needed a follow up.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 3:51pm:
Seems like having two velocities in  a hunting rifle would be detrimental if a follow up shot were required.  It may not happen often, but one never knows when an animal will move at the precise moment the trigger lets off.   Happened to me the only time I needed a follow up.

Maybe, maybe not. In either case, I never had to deal with that cause the group sizes favored fixed ammo quite decisively. 

In real world of my hunting, if target was a turkey, that could easily be a criteria favoring fixed ammo because of small target area of turkey, unless you are willing to ruin the breast meat. For deer or elk shot in heart/lungs, there is not demand for same level of precision. 

Perhaps more important, I have never had time for second shot on deer or elk because they nearly always ran away immediately after shot and collapsed shortly thereafter. SOP is to get off good shot and give shot critter time to fall and die (sometimes 5-10 min) after running less than 100M, sometimes less than 20M, and often no longer in sight. Kinda like using muzzle loader and smoke obscures what critter did.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #10 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
I've had several deer and one elk that didn't run away after the first shot, and didn't drop at the shot either. Not unusual for a deer to be hit mortally and have them stand there long enough for me to load another round, and then as I was squeezing the trigger have them drop out of my sights.
I had one mule deer who stood there long enough for me to get a 2nd shot into him, but I found out after skinning the 2nd shot wasn't needed. The two hits were 1.5" apart, but the buck didn't know he was dead after the first shot. He simply stood there looking around as if he wondered where the noise came from.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
I've had several deer and one elk that didn't run away after the first shot, and didn't drop at the shot either. Not unusual for a deer to be hit mortally and have them stand there long enough for me to load another round, and then as I was squeezing the trigger have them drop out of my sights.
I had one mule deer who stood there long enough for me to get a 2nd shot into him, but I found out after skinning the 2nd shot wasn't needed. The two hits were 1.5" apart, but the buck didn't know he was dead after the first shot. He simply stood there looking around as if he wondered where the noise came from.

After over 20 deer & elk, never had that happen. Never heard of it happening from outfitters or hunting buddies. Have shot sleeping foxes that hardly moved after single, instant killing shot.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Vall I have experienced the same the Buck was shot bedded down under a tree. He stood up looked all around as if not shot and then collapsed right where he stood while in the process of taking another shot. 

JLouis

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Well I've only taken 3 elk, but one did the stand there routine, and then finally dropped. Taken over 50 mule deer and had a number of them stand there like they heard a shot, but didn't know what to do until they finally dropped.
Maybe I'm just lucky? Or maybe others are just unlucky? I've never had very many deer stumble off either after being hit? Maybe 3 or 4 that did so. Most just dropped stone dead at the first shot, or maybe kicked and rolled downhill into a draw. Always hated dropping a buck on a steep hillside and then after a clean kill have them kick a little and roll 100 yds. deeper into the draw they stood on!

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Vall,

Your experiences sound normal to me.
Of the deer and elk I've taken, only four have moved (short distances) after being shot, and all four had been very nervous and traveling beforehand... after opening them up, those four all had bullet holes through the heart, and they fell when there wasn't any blood left to pump.
All others fell where they stood, or within a foot or two.
Head shots... all have dropped like a big sack of feed hitting the floor.
Nowadays, on steep hillsides, I only shoot uphill (sights always below the crest line)... it took awhile, but I finally learned to stay out of those steep brush-choked draw bottoms... they aren't as fun as they once were.    Grin

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 3:36pm:
Always hated dropping a buck on a steep hillside and then after a clean kill have them kick a little and roll 100 yds. deeper into the draw they stood on!

I once confirmed my cardiac fitness by dragging such a buck about 200M up a very steep slope all by myself. It was an "all 4s" kinda task.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
I remember one bull elk that just stood there wondering what all the fuss was about. There were several of us there as we had just pulled up to a log landing early morning and were about to make a plan to hunt the area when a small herd of cows and a bull were spotted across a canyon about 200-250 yards out. 

Everyone grabbed their guns and started blazing away. I saw several hits through my scope. One of the guys told me to drop him and asked why I wasn't shooting.  I told them to stop, he had been hit several times and the last shot was in the hind quarter.  Cry  They finally quit shooting  Grin  The elk had at least 2 good shots through the chest.  The herd was still standing there wondering what all the fuss was about.  After another minute or 2, the herd started to move forward. As the bull started to take a step, he fell on his nose and never made another move.   

I have found several elk carcasses in the woods that hunters lost and did not have the skills to track. The worst I remember was a 3 legged elk caught in  a V notch of downed logs.  It was a cow as I recall. It had obviously been shot in the hind quarters during rifle season.  It looked like the wound had started to heal.  WE spotted it across a small canyon in a clear cut. There was a vehicle driving along and it was close to the road.   They killed it.  We hiked across the canyon just for curiosity's sake  Huh

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Vall,

Nowadays, on steep hillsides, I only shoot uphill (sights always below the crest line)... it took awhile, but I finally learned to stay out of those steep brush-choked draw bottoms... they aren't as fun as they once were.    Grin

That is one thing you learn quick on the west side of the Cascades, do I really want to do this here?  Grin

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
As I read the various recent posts about critters that did not know they were "already dead", I start to think a major difference between my experience with critters running away (death run) could be that all my deer and elk hunting was in "black forest" or other heavily forested areas where I was quite close to them when I shot, sometimes only 10s of meters away -- they knew I was there, even watching as I shot. Longest shot was about 150M across a small burn area at a nice eating elk that barked at us interlopers before getting shot. All dropped their tails as they ran away, sure sign of mortally shot critter.

SOP was to give those critters at least 5 min to die, least an approach would cause them to run much further away, perhaps leaving no blood trail or other clear indication where they went (especially important in dense vegetation).

Rifles were 308 or 7X57 Mauser, often with heavy Hornady or Nosler Partition bullets, or .54 muzzleloader with T/C conicals.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 5:49pm:
As I read the various recent posts about critters that did not know they were "already dead", I start to think a major difference between my experience with critters running away (death run) could be that all my deer and elk hunting was in "black forest" or other heavily forested areas where I was quite close to them when I shot, sometimes only 10s of meters away -- they knew I was there, even watching as I shot. Longest shot was about 150M across a small burn area at a nice eating elk that barked at us interlopers before getting shot. All dropped their tails as they ran away, sure sign of mortally shot critter.

SOP was to give those critters at least 5 min to die, least an approach would cause them to run much further away, perhaps leaving no blood trail or other clear indication where they went (especially important in dense vegetation).

Rifles were 308 or 7X57 Mauser, often with heavy Hornady or Nosler Partition bullets, or .54 muzzleloader with T/C conicals.

Western Cascade forests are plenty thick, enough so that when still-hunting through them, shooting light in the mornings is delayed by about 30-45 minutes in the timber, as compared with the open cut areas... and the evening shooting light in the timber disappears by about that same 30-45 minutes earlier than in the open areas.
Cover is also closer in the thick timber, and animals normally don't have to move more than a handful of yards to be hidden.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Have now and then driven through those forests, years ago, and would not want to hunt in such dense forests.

Black forest of Montana (Bob Marshall Wilderness mostly), similar places in Colorado, also Catskills and Adirondacks in New York State, Hill Country in central Texas, older hardwood forests in "Mid-West" and some Southern states (Virginia and West Virginia) have been places I hunted deer, turkeys, grouse. 

Closest shot was a deer I almost literally stepped on while crossing dense new growth on way to a well traveled ridge crossing deer used often.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2018 at 7:21pm by svartkruttgris#369 »  

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Closest shot I never got to take was in an elk herd in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. The brush was thicker than I expected to get into.  Down low, I could see elk legs all over the place  Grin  No way to tell if any of them were legal bulls  Cry  No way to get a shot before they were gone if I had known  Huh 

Sometimes the snow and ice would get packed so hard between the scope and action I was hunting with a single shot whether I wanted to or not.  Couldn't even unload it at camp until it thawed out. Maybe road hunters have the right idea  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #22 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Bob,

There's good reason you got to at least see elk legs in that thick stuff, but not along the roads through it.    Grin

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 8:06pm:
The brush was thicker than I expected to get into.  Down low, I could see elk legs all over the place  Grin 

On a spring trip into mountains in southern Colorado long ago I encountered a sizable herd of elk in a thicket so dense I could see parts of elk all around be but nothing more of them. There was almost no air movement but I was amazed that largish herd would feed all around and past me so close but never sound alarm as they passed. Seemed like they knew I was no threat so far outside hunting season.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I wondered why they didn't catch my scent and spook.   

BP, One of the few I nave seen on the road was on the way over Chinook Pass to go goat hunting. I had made several trips about dusk and had not seen a deer or elk.  I thought that was odd. About then an elk popped out in front of me and loped straight down the center line.  You don't dare pass them.  The only thing riskier is passing a drunk driver.  Grin  After about 1/2 - 3/4 mile she cut right in front of me and off into the woods to live happily ever after  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Bob,

When out glassing open areas, I've watched animals lock up and freeze, and let people walk right on past very close by them, and without the people ever seeing them, and then watched some animals turn and start following along behind as if asking themselves "What's that human doing?".
Guess at particular times when they're feeling pretty safe, animals just get real curious too.    Wink

At various times of the year when driving on Hwy 12 between White Pass and I-5, there has been heavy fog and elk will come out of the timber to graze close by along the sides of the road. Those times make me glad I don't drive some low-riding plastic/aluminum beercan peanut of a car. If one suddenly ran out in front of you, and you took the legs out from under it, it could come over the hood, through the windshield, and end up in your lap.    Shocked

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 12:49am
Print Post  
I have seen that too.  I always watch my back track hunting.  It can be the easiest way to spot game  Roll Eyes

I have been lucky. Only hit one in Oregon out by Joseph last year.  Right on the edge of town too, luckily.  I was slowing down. All I saw was a pair of ears over the hood and bam!  Glad I was in my pickup.  Grin

I worked in eastern WA one winter on a hospital in Republic.  Going over on Sunday nights I saw a lot of them.  The tin benders from Bremerton weren't so lucky, wrecked 3 trucks that winter  Shocked

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #27 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Long ago, while hiking in a relatively high mountain area, we stopped to rest maybe 10M off main trail. Part of reason to stop was a noisy Boy Scout mob behind us. After the BSers had gone by we were surprised and happy to see a herd of Mtn Sheep start peeking up the trail, watching last of BSers go out of sight. Then they slowly crossed maybe 30M away from us. So, we had an interesting half hour or so watching the entire herd go by, including several quite small. Wind was in our favor.

Had we not gotten well off trail before BSers passed, I wonder if we would have seen any of those Mtn Sheep.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #28 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:02am
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 11:43pm:
Bob,

If one suddenly ran out in front of you, and you took the legs out from under it, it could come over the hood, through the windshield, and end up in your lap.    Shocked

Came upon such a mess in open range area once. Car was a convertible, critter was a horse. Driver instantly killed, horse badly injured and put down. A very sickening accident scene!

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #29 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Most of my deer and elk hunting has been in Eastern Oregon where there's little or no timber. But shots have been at all ranges from as close as 30 yds. to over 360 yds. 
The first year I began hunting with antique single shots I figured I wanted to get as close as possible, so when we spotted 3 bucks in tall grass, I knew it was going to be tough to get close! 
We were 500 yds. away, and my brother and I got on our bellies and slithered through 3' tall grass for probably 45 minutes! When I felt I was possibly close enough I turned on my back and turned my feet towards the direction we crawled. I readied my rifle and as I sat up I cocked the hammer on my Ballard, only to see 3 bucks staring at me 30 yds. away! 
I quickly picked the one straight in line with my sights and took a shoulder shot. The buck dropped, and the other two trotted off, but stopped to look at their deceased partner as each passed by him. Strangest reaction I'd seen from other bucks in years of hunting. They usually bolt as fast as they can go!
That big buck I had roll down into the draw after what I thought was a perfect shoulder shot, weighed over 200 lbs. on the hoof! Even after field dressing him I wasn't able to drag him up the draw by myself, and my niece's husband wasn't much help except to carry both guns. Every time I stopped he'd start to slide back down, and it wasn't until my brother and my nephew arrived that we were able to drag him to the top where it was all downhill to the truck about 2 miles away!

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
So, tell me Joe. If you were to do it over, would you do anything differently? Change lube? Wait for the 'right' condition? Put out wind flags? Look for a real trophy dog? Track him if the first shot only wounded? Use a different barbeque sauce for the cookout? 
Oh, I meant to say that I have only hunted with a single shot one time myself. Mostly use model 70 and model 77. Good guns.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Here is a picture across from our camp in Slater Creek Colorado showing but a few of the elk herd that hung out there daily. It took three individual frames to capture the entire herd. All though I was hunting with a Ruger #1B I in 6MM Remington I was also only hunting for a real nice mule deer buck. The herd was always there for about the last three years I hunted there but it would also have been like shooting a typical range cow just out feeding in the pasture. So I never bothered to buy an over the counter Cow tag at the time. It just wasn't fair chase hunting to me plus we we're typically gifted a cow from a large family in our group who always killed more animals combined legally than they could actually eat of both elk and deer. The 30 Super H&H flanged was made me think of posting this picture. 

JLouis

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
I never even ate squirrel- too much like a rat itself (or like a 'chuck). Shot some p-dogs in Montana, but not as exiting a hunt as yours. Laying on a nice blanket, cold drink at hand and sandwiches in the truck. 
Neck got sore shooting prone. Turned and shot in a few positions like they shot at Creedmore.  My friend thought I was "quaint".

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
I ate a lot of frog legs myself. Only injury I ever saw my dad get came one night while he was out for frogs. No, he didn't poke himself with the frog gig- he fell off a wet log and broke his arm. He was one helluva bird hunter, too. 
Rabbit is fine, but no squirrel.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Have had snapping turtle that tasted a lot like frog legs.
A friend brough some meat over from a turtle that he had caught that same morning, and I put it in the frig. The next day when I was breading it to cook up, one chunk rolled completely over in the palm of my hand. The fryer put a stop to that.

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Barrabruce

Reply #35 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Thank-you gentlemen.
Turned into a bit of a off shoot.
But thanks.
I think I’ll shoot breachseated if I feel like it.
First shot anyway if the situation and conditions meat up.
For me it is easier to get better bullet fit and alignment.
I prefer not to work my brass if possible in a couple of guns anyway.
My little ‘ol 310 cadet I have no dies for but I have worked around slightly sizing the necks to thumb seat the heeled bullet for consistent alignment.
One day I’ll enlarge the heel to a proper fit in the case necks ......but it shoots so good breachseated that I’m reluctant to change anything.

As for my high velocity small caliber wonder gun (30-30) Wink
A PP’ed 150-180 grn wizzing along is pretty flat to 150 yards.

A breachseated 120 ,150, 165,170,180 grn grease grooved lubed bullet is pretty good for most anything up to a reasonable stalking distance  on unknowing creatures moving along at a more modest speed.

I mostly shoot paper just for the hell of it these days.
And to keep my eye in.
I am amazed at what can be done with cast bullets at distance.
But I’ll keep the 300 m shots and shooting Rouge soft drink cans as far possible trick shooting to the range where a muffed shot means nothing.

When I grow up I wanna real nice barrell in 30-20 maybe and shoot bug holes at 200yrds.
And all with a 5lb rook and rabbit rifle.
And a cheap 22lr that shoots better than Eley 10x in a brechrest gun with dirt cheap ammo.

Then I wake up Cry

IP Logged

Barrabruce

Reply #36 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I seem to have more fun with a bs 120 grn in the 310 cadet over 1.3 grn s to 2.3 grns of bullseye at the moment.
Sort of cci quiet load for skin flints.
It sure packs some wallop for what it is.
If I’m feel like hanging the  expense then 2.8grns will really tear up the country side.

I have tried the same bullet sized down in a 30-30 and yes you can see them flying to the target through a scope.
Grin Grin
Some of us are just sad.

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #37 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
When I prune my bullet trees, I'll send each of you some cuttings. Tongue

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #38 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I get a loud bullfrog serenade nightly.
You guys are welcome to all you wish.
Some local restaurants serve em, along with gator and smoked mullet.
Don't like the mullet.
Aaron

No powder trees in Idaho?
Worth it for all those good minerals.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2018 at 1:17pm by Rebel »  

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #39 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
I won't eat no giant lizard. Never seen a mullet that wasn't some clown's hairdo. Try the frog legs- get enough and the serenade will quiet down.

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #40 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
In Connecticut, we use mullet for bait and eat shrimp.
Here in Florida, it's just the opposite.
Weird.

Aaron
I like a little cocktail sauce on my frog legs.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Reply #41 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Cliff Henderson shot a Mule Deer, a Whitetail Deer and a Black Bear with his 205 grain Paul Jones Spitzer in his 14:1 gain twist RKS barrel on a .32 RKS 1885 Winchester High Wall.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint