Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Barrel blanks (Read 37872 times)
frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Barrel blanks
Reply #60 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Frank read the rules there is nothing that says you cannot practice for the match prior to the official match being held but only that it can be shot once in a 12 Month time frame. Calling a man a cheater is a pretty serious thing and typicaly not forgotten should their paths ever cross.

JLouis

So, JL, is that a threat, regarding my safety? What will you do, when our "paths cross"?

Yes, it is VERY serious and if I could have found a way to keep from it, I would have.

Your 5 - 5 groups were posted on this form and in the Journal, as MATCHES. I have NEVER seen a "practice" match posted in any match results for any shooting organization!

A posted match IS a match!!!! And you posted at least 5 times!

You can practice all you want to, to get ready for a match BUT, when you post it, in match results, it's a MATCH, especially when it's posted as part of the regualar match results! Can you show us where your match results said ANYTHING about "practice"?

I don't give a rip about your supposed record but, what I do care about is the rules that matches are shot under!!! It has to be far, for ALL and not just you!

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #61 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:19pm:
To help clarify why some of my practice scores were being posted it was during the same time frame that JoeB that some of you might remember here was stating that 1/2 inch groups were not possible to shoot with our equipment. And I was out to prove him wrong by posting my pratice scores and there is no more or no less to it as you are trying to be led to believe. He was indeed wrong our equipment is more than capable to meet that challenge and it was being shown and if one does a search for those some what intense conversations at the time they will be referenced as such.

Enough said and for those who did not have the pleasure of knowing JoeB now long gone he and Frank are pretty much one in the same and that in its self probably provides more clarification with his issues than anything I might have to say.
JLouis

Thank you for point that out, JL. 

So, since you made no distintion, regarding your last scores, then they are ALSO, just practice groups, to show JoeB what could be done. 

Since a practice, isn't a match, then it would not qualfy by that standard, either.

According to our PM's, you didn't even know what the record was, at the time you shot that match.

So what is it that your going to do to me when our pathes cross?

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #62 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Hepburnman very impressive results and some very fine shooting indeed. If time allows please keep us informed as you continue to move foreward with your outstanding success.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #63 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Ken if memory serves me right I think it was Dales? who was shooting groups in the 3/8 range with his BRC choked CF barrel and please correct me if I am wrong. We need to talk him into shooting the ASSRA Bartlett match I would Love to see him shatter that existing record should it be him and very doable based on his posted results. I looked for the post but coudn't find it and hope I have the right gentlemam its getting harder to keep up with all of the good reports being posted and who posted them.

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #64 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Ledball sounds like warm and fuzzy made for a real nice match. Now to figure out to get my bulllets feeling the same way and maybe it will rub off on me and my targets also feeling the same way.

I think you are onto something! 
JLouis

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #65 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
JL,
I'm very sorry that you feel that way, my only issue is adhering to the rules. I'm a competitive person, in what ever I do but, I can not break rules when competing. That's just  me. I spoke my piece when the discussion of your record came up, a couple of years ago. I even talked with the Schuetzenmeister about and in that discussion said that I really didn't want you to loose the record and that it be opened to shoot multiple times a year.

But, the truth about how it came to be, IS the truth and that can't be changed. I do not lie! I still won't file a formal protest. It's been on the "books" to long. It will be broken someday and so it will be. I'd suggest that you try to break it, shooting it each year.

I'm sorry but, I can't accept your help, as I don't need to take a step backward. I can shoot 249's now  (when things are right) but, I want thoughs 250's and look to the people that can shoot them.

I'm old and don't have the time to step backward to try what has already been done. I already have accurate 15 & 16 twist barrels. That is why I'd like one of Ken's new 14 twist and I already have the bullet for it.

Have a nice day, JL and keep trying, I'm sure you'll make it. Smiley

Piece to you and although you haven't said yet, I hope it will be safe for me to go down range if we ever shoot together agan.

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #66 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Frank sad to say but you are indeed a liar and you just added another lie to your first and the on going others. It now being favoritism and given an unfair advantage by the match director and very demeaning to his credibility and character as a person and now you are calling him cheater too. Liar's simply cannot be trusted and thus they loose all of their credibility and for someone like yourslef who likes to be helpful to others everything then becomes meaningless without merit and simply wasted words that can't be trusted. This is the point you have now reached and what really concerns me the most but hopefully it can be restored someday. That is what I will be praying for on your behalf and really all I can do now in hopes it will help to get you out of the miss-trusted mess you got yourself into.

JLouis

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Barrel blank
Reply #67 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 9:50pm:
Just so everyone here has a little more clear understanding about how dedicated Frank really is to adhering to all of the specific rules as a competitor and he should do even more so as being the match director. The matches he runs is under the rules of one organization but there is one match event that is scored under the rules of yet another so it too is just another lie on his behalf. I don't won't to mention what match that might be because his group likes to come out and compete for the very serious fun of it all and I would not want to take that enjoyment away from any of them. But Frank knows fully well about what I am talking about and he has no right to condem and demean others for doing it right and following all of the rules specific when he himself is the one not doing it. 

JLouis

LOL

What JL is refering to is the scoring of 22RF targets. I was out voted on the scoring method and I then refused to score them ISSA. I posted that on the match results on this forum, at the time. So, one of the members that voted for ISSA scoring, then started scoring the 22RF targets.

I'm not Schuetzenmeister this year so, I don't score targets but, in the abcents of the current Schuetzenmeister.

What's next JL?

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

beltfed
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #68 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
How is it that two guys can again mess up a good thread
with their pissing matches. John and Frank, PLEASE stick to the thread.
beltfed/arnie

IP Logged

ballardhepburnmich
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #69 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
John and Frank , I don't think that there are very many of us that wish to hear of your personal differences , so why don't you convey them by personal messages then the rest of us will not need to see or hear it. It would be very much appreciated.
Thank you, Lee Gibbs (Pres. ASSRA)

IP Logged

hepburnman
Senior Forum Member

Reply #70 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:12am
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
Hepburnman very impressive results and some very fine shooting indeed. If time allows please keep us informed as you continue to move foreward with your outstanding success.

JLouis

Another aspect to an accurate rifle is how the barrel is aligned to the lathe prior to threading and chambering (with the barrel through the headstock). I used techniques that some 1,000 yard benchrest shooters use where  a cylindrical section of the barrel, where the bullet would lie when chambered, is made to run absolutely dead-nuts to the lathe's center. This is done with a long-pointed, 1/10,000" reading dial-indicator. You then drill, taper-bore and the chamber ream with a floated reamer.

Having a good chamber/reamer design, and also a bullet design to fit, also aids in accuracy. 

How you then crown the muzzle, using the above mentioned technique, for getting a section of the bore to run absolutely dead nuts, is also critical. I also left my crown square and sharp, with no bevel, as some 1,00 yard benchrest shooters do. 

This is a lot of work to do and difficult to find a gunsmith willing to do it, so I had to teach myself how to perform. 

These gunsmithing techniques may not aid accuracy when shooting lead bullets with black powder, so I was told by many, but it didn't seem to hurt in my case. Smiley

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #71 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Hepburnman I agree with your methods I have studied several of them over on Benchrest Central and they go through all of the same efforts for very good reasons. I have taken several bits and pieces from each and have developed a means what works very well for me as well.

JLouis

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #72 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
dibbler wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:44am:
beltfed wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 10:55pm:
How is it that two guys can again mess up a good thread
with their pissing matches. John and Frank, PLEASE stick to the thread.
beltfed/arnie

The fault here lies with the ASSRA officers and the forum moderators who fail to address these situations.  This stuff used to bother me, so  I stopped paying dues and supporting these dickheads.  Now I sit back and laugh

Seems like a poor reason to stop paying dues.

JS

IP Logged

ballardhepburnmich
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #73 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
I would say the barrels and the shooter both did a fine job.
Lee

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #74 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
38-55 appears not to be to bad if shot at 200yds. it appears to be around a 2.614 group with more out of the 25 ring than in so I would assume it was being shot for group and not for score or possibly just for the fun of it all either way one looks at it appears to be pretty fair shooting indeed not knowing all of the specifics and true intent.

JLouis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint