Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) WW2 Bringback Schutzen Rifle (Read 6109 times)
JägerWilhelm

Re: WW2 Bringback Schutzen Rifle
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
It is a buyer's market on these. I see them at every show I go to in the PA/MD area. And very few sell. Auctions are loaded with them, and while some do pretty well, many do not. 

Jay, do you collect WWII items? Your name sounds familiar from the Max and SOS, etc.

Mit Schützengruß,
Willi

IP Logged

jayparisi
Participating Member

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
JagerWilhelm,Yes I collect WW2 Militaria.I did the MAX and SOS shows for many years.I haven't been to a show for a few years.Jay

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
As said its a buyers market place right now and a generation of collectors are aging out of the game.  the collectors buying now have their pick of the offerings and the fancier the wood engraving and complete sights and excellent condition are what they are after. 
for us shooters-- again aging is an increasing factor----they are basically an offhand rifle. Their stocks present problems for a serious competitor shooting off the bench and there is a slow growth in the proportion of bench-rest shooters. 
   The martini actions are harder to breach-seat.   the Haenal-derives actions are a little easier to breach-seat but they are still offhand rifles.

I'd probably look at a starting price of little over 1500, and probably either decide to keep it---or sell it for somewhere between 1500-1300.  Assuming you can get a buyer.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
DW I have to agree with you some of those extremely nice american made single shot rifles that sold in the Rock Island auctions a few years back for up to $70,000.00 might not have been such a good investment for the future. But the pride in owning one and adding it to ones collection while still alive is indeed priceless. Unfortunatly I do not see enough of the younger adults now growing up as showing enough intrest to keep those prices up and hopefully I am completly wrong.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint