Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Borchardt in Action (Read 11332 times)
shovel80
Oldtimer

Borchardt in Action
Jul 30th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Just saw this and thought I'd share...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Terry

ASSRA Member # 11021
IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Borchardt in Action
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
They did not mention the distance.  Anyone know?

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Zack T
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Dave Gullo shooting the buffalo on the hill above the high power silhouette range at The Whittington center in Raton. If I remember rightly that Borchardt of his is a 45-100. He shoots it very well. Not sure how far the buffalo is. Both 853 and 953yds stick in my head but I pulled those out of thin air.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
I recognized Dave and the range.  Remarkable hitting twice that close together that far.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
I watched Dave shoot about a 6-8" group at 800 yds during the practice day at the World Creedmoor matches in 2008.  I was in the butts right next to his target.  That's why he is the best overall in the country.  The Whittington buffalo is about 1135 yds.

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Not trying to be ugly about it but if I had his resources I might be able to do it too.......

IP Logged

Zack T
Senior Forum Member

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Dave is a great guy. He goes above and beyond to support the shooting sports. I am sure he gives thousands of dollars in match prizes away a year. He is a great shooter because he works at it and because he has a good spotter he shoots frequently with. Buy a browning BPCR, one good Mould, 200 cases,  a few cases of powder and primers and pitch a tent at the range. You too can be a world champion longrange shooter and it has nothing to do with resources just commitment.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Does he still own and operate BAC?

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
jhm wrote on Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:46pm:
Not trying to be ugly about it but if I had his resources I might be able to do it too.......

It's the age-old dilemma.   You have a day job, you have money but no time.  You lose your job or retire, now you have time but no money.   Not many exceptions.

<div class=

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
The last time I was in Idaho I made a slight detour to take a look at the Buffalo Arms store expecting to see a lot of "eye candy".  It was a bit of a disappointment to find that it was just a warehouse that does catalog and internet sales.  Despite that, the folks there were very friendly and helpful and it was a good experience.  That's just business in this modern era, finding a way to provide excellent service while keeping the costs in line.  The same folks have always been very good to deal with over the phone so more power to them.

JS

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
It used to be at his residence. I remember when the neighors complained and he had to move into Sandpoint.  Was Dave there?

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jul 30th, 2016 at 11:58pm:
It used to be at his residence. I remember when the neighors complained and he had to move into Sandpoint.  Was Dave there?

I didn't see him.  That would have been two years ago.  I've forgotten the names of the guys I talked to but they treated me like and old friend.

JS

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 9:37am
Print Post  
He was at the Quigley this year, with a "store" in a tent on the Commercial Row, a good selection of neat Stuff, and lots of free catalogs.  Real "boomtown" atmosphere.

Seems like a nice guy, and he has a lot of class.  A year or two back, the Scorekeepers made a mistake that gave him a position in the top ten, and he announced to the audience that the spot belonged to someone else; he hadn't done that well.  Can't see the WWF Wrestling Champeen giving up his belt to someone else for a bookkeeping error.

Don't know if he shot the match this year.  He seemed pretty busy.

IP Logged

gunlaker
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 9:40am
Print Post  
He still owns and operates Buffalo Arms. 

I agree with the fact that it takes commtment not just cash and time.  Nobody can buy their way to the top.  Time and money don't hurt but they don't guarantee anything.

Chris.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #14 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Dave built his business on customer service.  He used to help any shooter that called with a problem or question.  I don't know how he had enough hours in a day to do it all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint