Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ASSRA 501C financial report (Read 7811 times)
John Boy
Ex Member

Re: ASSRA 501C financial report
Reply #30 - May 1st, 2016 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
OK, let's talk to the Journal issues:
Current membership - approx 1250 members
Total 2014 Journal cost - 45,757
6 Issues, each with 54 pages - 324 pages
2014 Cost per page - (45,757/324) =141.22 per page

Next ... Do the 1250 members read all 324 pages of the 6 Journals? I don't.  I just scan each Journal and read a few specific topics of interest

Journal Print Format: Each line of print is spaced and the font size could be decreased = Pages decreased at a cost of 141.22 per page

Questions:   
* Are National Match Record pages necessary to be printed in every Issue?
* The forum contains a total of 176163 posts within 17211 topics... There are many forum topics that could be cut and pasted into the Journal issues that are very informative and interesting that would interest members that are not guests or registered

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #31 - May 1st, 2016 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Editor is a paid employ

Frank - John Merz is a key employee and no ASSRA employee is listed on the 2014 Form 990 as being compensated!

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - May 2nd, 2016 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
The ASSRA has NO employees.  As I recall from my stint as editor, the editor is an outside contractor providing a service on a per issue fee basis as a service provider.  He is no more an employee than your auto mechanic or your pool-boy.  LOL.
Those of us who "serve" in various roles and capacities do so of our own free will as volunteers.  In some cases some incurred expenses are reimbursed, in others it is part of our "contribution" to the health and well-being of the ASSRA and its activities, including the matches and the maintenance of the shooting range facilities, and the operation of the ASSRA Archives.
All ASSRA members in good standing are welcome and encouraged to participate in club events "the matches" and "the annual meeting" and to use the range, including the camping area, in a responsible manner when matches are not underway, and access to the ASSRA Archives.  
Now admittedly many members are limited by time and distance and may not be able to travel to the range,  likewise we have members who live nearby who could, but choose not to--for whatever reason, but in any case that is one of the privileges of membership.

I am trying very hard to be civil and courteous to all commenters.   AS a former Editor and a BoD member who chooses to participate in this forum with other members, non-members, and ex-members I believe that is a responsibility.   
  However I would posit that it is very easy for those with with no "skin in the game" to stand on the sidelines of any sport and criticize and make suggestions.  If I am being over sensitive to criticism that was intended to be constructive I really do apologize if I failed to recognize it.     Perhaps now that the weather is improving we can all get back to shooting at targets.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 8:32pm by QuestionableMaynard8130 »  

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #33 - May 3rd, 2016 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Yep

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint