Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ideal No.3 Tong Tools (Read 2655 times)
.22-5-40
Oldtimer

Ideal No.3 Tong Tools
Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
What was the year Ideal brought out their bullet sizer/plunger for the No. 3 Tool?  Thanks.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Ideal No.3 Tong Tools
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
If you're talking about the long pin mounted in one side of the #3 handles that pushed the bullet nose first through the hole that was reamed in the other side of the handles, it's shown in the Ideal Handbook No.5, but may go back earlier than that. Cornell Publishing may have reprints of the earlier Ideal Handbooks that show the same thing.
Ideal also made the Ideal Bullet Sizing Tool, which was a tong tool just for bullet resizing.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

.22-5-40
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I'm refering to the seperate threaded sizing die with push rod.  In use, lubed bullet was dropped into die & push rod inserted after it and handles closed to seize & expell bullet.  I have a No. 3 Ideal with the priming hole & pin...(hole in one handle for case, & pin in other handle to push primer home.  But it does not have the sizing hole in one handle & swiveling pusher pin in the other.
    The box shows a seperate threaded sizing die.  This tool is for the .22 WCF, nickle plated.  Must be somewhat later production as instructions mention use of smokeless powders and full metal patched bullets..but included powder measure is for black.

IP Logged

beltfed
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Tim,
I see you are looking for bullet sizing in the No 3 tool set.
I will look in my cigar box full of "310 tool" dies and see what I can come up with. Don't know, but may have a bullet size die and plunger????.22 I imagine....
beltfed/arnie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint