Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ballard Arms (Read 13513 times)
Ballard6

Ballard Arms
Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me if the Ballard Arms Co. is still in business ? Several years ago I bought parts from them, but now when calling the phone # ( 866-997-4353 ) on the website a weird response is heard, obviously not the company.

IP Logged

gunlaker
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Ballard Arms
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 8:58am
Print Post  
They are no longer in business.

Chris.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Gone. From my searches, it appears they aren't registered as a company in the state of Michigan any longer. That tells me they have no immediate plans to reopen either.
Wish someone could get whatever parts they might have in that pole barn, and begin selling them!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Joe Do...
Oldtimer
ASSRA Board Member
ASSRA Journal Editor

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 7:53am
Print Post  
I sent a letter via registered mail a little over a year ago offering to view and buy whatever inventory they had on their shelves.  The letter was delivered but I never received an answer.

I was told by others that Wyoming Armory may have bought some or all of the parts.  I don't know whether or not it is true.  

... Joe

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Joe Do... wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 7:53am:
I sent a letter via registered mail a little over a year ago offering to view and buy whatever inventory they had on their shelves.  The letter was delivered but I never received an answer.

I was told by others that Wyoming Armory may have bought some or all of the parts.  I don't know whether or not it is true.  

... Joe

From the rumors I heard about hurt feelings over the sale of the company in 2007, I'd be surprised if the new owner sold parts to Wyoming Armory. 
Not surprised he didn't respond to your letter either. It sounds like what I've heard from others who have attempted to contact the owners.

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Depending on what Ballard parts you need, you may find them on the Distant Thunder website (extractors, links, springs, etc.). 

Also, I'm gearing up to make the Ballard DST group, block, lever and eventually the receiver. Pretty much everything that Distant Thunder does not offer. Will be a few months before am ready to start selling parts/actions.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
This is really exciting news Glenn! I sure hope you do, as there seems to be plenty of interest!

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 1:47am
Print Post  
I'm sure there is a market for the parts.  Last spring I got from  Steve G, he said parts were getting few and far between a couple years ago.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

KAF
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Why not ask somebody in the know about the rifle co.?  Maybe Garbe knows.

When in MI the owners did not manage the co well, if at all. They depended on one person to make, repair parts and answer phones etc.  That person got tired of it and left. The company then sat......

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:05am by »  

IP Logged

Deadeye Bly
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Steve Durren was that person and he told me several years ago that Ballard Arms was dead, kaput, out of business, tits up or whatever. How many time must we go thru this? It reminds me of a Balsam Range song with the lyrics " How many time must I cross that Caney Fork River traveling thru the state of Tennessee?"
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2016 at 10:30am by Deadeye Bly »  

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:51am
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 8:27pm:
This is really exciting news Glenn! I sure hope you do, as there seems to be plenty of interest!

Thanks. The ball is rolling. Once we get to the point that we are confident of pricing & delivery I'll post in the Classifieds section and see who wants how many of what. 

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Premod70
Oldtimer

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Deadeye Bly wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:27am:
Steve Durren was that person and he told me several years ago that Ballard Arms was dead, kaput, out of business, tits up or whatever. How many time must we go thru this? It reminds me of a Balsam Range song with the lyrics " How many time must I cross that Caney Fork River heading thru the state of Tennessee?"

Like the chicken joke, "as long as you wish to get to the other side" Wink

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:58am
Print Post  
SSShooter wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:51am:
marlinguy wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 8:27pm:

Thanks. The ball is rolling. Once we get to the point that we are confident of pricing & delivery I'll post in the Classifieds section and see who wants how many of what. 

Hopefully if you make a frame it will be the PG frame? Better would be both PG and straight grip. But there's probably more demand for a PG frame.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
On the same subject, what about the parts that came from the High Wall side of the the Ballard company?  Anybody know what happened to those parts?  With the passing of Ben Rice many years ago, there was nobody making the great direct replacement parts for the 'walls until Ballard RC started up with them.  It was great to be able to get a complete DST tang assembly, for instance.

Froggie

IP Logged

TWOGUNS

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
There is a Ballard website ? or is that a different Ballard ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint