Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic a couple of my rugers (Read 2893 times)
plastikosmd
Participating Member

a couple of my rugers
May 7th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  

Here are a couple rugers. Top one, new to me. Built by Schwartz (Wayne I believe) built in early 80's . I topped it with an old balvar. Came with a ton of correspondence between builder and owner (Gibbs.) Last owner sold it to me as a 30-30 but the paperwork appears to reference another caliber. Bore is .310. 2 breach seaters. Cool custom stock with removable comb for loading with the straight seater. I believe that was done by a peter shuttleworth, it is in papers. 
Second is a Barry Darr build, action serial number is 3 digit. Was built on 1971. It was a personal gun of his, am the 4th owner behind a Bob A. (All I know, lives in iowa) then Virgil Davis. It is 32-40 with cam type seater. Topped with a unertl programmer 20x
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Hard to even see the seam in the woodwork
Paperwork
Even referencing the ASSRA, last paragraph
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 5:14pm by plastikosmd »  

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Re: a couple of my rugers
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I really like the top one. Especially with the added comb, excellent wood working as I cannot see the line between the two pieces. Except for the line on the recoil pad you wouldn't know that the comb had been added on. One thing that I dislike on my ruger #1 in 45/70 is the low comb which I suspect when it was designed for iron sights. Thanks for sharing. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: a couple of my rugers
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2015 at 11:37am
Print Post  
I'm always amazed at how guys can splice a stock together and get the lines almost invisible! But that's on permanent additions, not a removable piece! I'm beyond amazed that the top Ruger can have a removable piece that's has no parting line showing when the top of the stock is in place! 
Truly amazing craftsmanship!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint