Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Borchardt safety Problem (Read 2536 times)
TWOGUNS

Borchardt safety Problem
Apr 25th, 2015 at 7:46am
Print Post  
My New to me Borchardt was functioning fine ,now when i drop and raise the lever the auto safety has stopped working ,the action is tight and firm ,but now it will fire without disengaging the safety ,after pulling the trigger you can still ''pull'' the safety afterwards ,wondering whats happened thanks for any advice on this one in advance

IP Logged

FITZ
Oldtimer

REGARDS

Re: Borchardt safety Problem
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Sounds like the safety has been actuated. Look very closely at the Safety itself. When actuated it slides forward and a small tab on the safety slides forward and BLOCKS the trigger at the back end of the Trigger. If this thin section has been broken then you would be able to fire the Rifle even though the safety was in the SAFE position. Has any one else fired it lately? People who are not familiar with the Borchardt system some times confuse the safety with the trigger or think it is a Set Trigger and they try to set it and squeeze the trigger and could break the thin tab on the safety off. Although I have only found this once. Also the safety on Borchardt can be made disfuntional by removing the little cam inside that engages the safety internally and moves the safety forward to block the trigger. HTH regards, FITZ Smiley

FITZ

IP Logged

TWOGUNS

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Thankyou Fitz will check that, hope i havent broken it ugh, always forget they have an auto safety

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
If indeed it is broken Al Story stocks and sells Borchardt replacement parts.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Yes, the BRC has safeties for sale at US$ 26.00 each no mention of P&P. It's only a small item but they are a tad fiddly to make needing quite a few machining processes.

I'd suggest you strip it down and have a close look see, also check the grooves that the safety slides in you could have some grit fouling up the workings.  Angry Don't forget to put a cloth over the underside of the action when removing the safety or the detent spring and plunger will disappear into the darkest recess of your workshop). Cry
Have fun,  Wink
Harry

IP Logged

rustyrelx
Senior Forum Member

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
If taking it apart: Take the buttstock off then place the action in a clear plastic bag In this way when you disassemble it the parts will be be captured by the plastic bag.
   Don

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint