Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Known issues with the forum upgrade (Read 16614 times)
Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Known issues with the forum upgrade
Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:39am
Print Post  
There are a few minor issues I am aware of. If you run into anything strange not listed here, please let me know, and I will look into it. I will be updating this list as needed with known issues and fixes or workarounds.

Known Issues:
1. Color Templates from old forum are not compatible with new software. I tried to re-create the old Black template as it was the most popular, but I just couldn't get it right. I will continue to work on it, and we may eventually see the Black template come back. I did bump up the font size in the default template, and created an "Extra Large Fonts" template for those of you with really small monitors. I did a search and anyone who had selected one of the old "Extra Large Fonts" templates, I applied the new one to their profile, so they don't have to squint to try and find the option to change it.

2. It appears that Time Zones are stored differently in the new version, so none of the settings carried over, and everyone has defaulted to UTC time. You can set your time zone in your User CP, under the Options page. (I recommend you review all the options in the User CP while you are there)

3 Where is the Preview Post button? 
The post preview has moved to the upper left side of the posting screen. click on the downward arrow next to "Preview" and a preview of your post will slide down from the top.  You can then make any changes you deem necessary and it will even dynamically update the preview with a short delay if you keep typing in the text box.

4 I cant log in using my screen name!
There is a new security feature on the forum, where it will not allow you to login with your screen name, you must use your username or email address. This is to help prevent hackers from trying to guess your password, as they would also have to guess your username or email address in order to be successful.

If you don't remember your username, you can log in with your email address, and then go to the User CP, click on Profile, then Edit Profile. Your username will be listed at the top of the Edit Profile window (right next to the words "Edit My Profile"), and your screen name will be listed a bit further down.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:08am by Josh Borton »  
IP Logged

cheatin_charlie
Senior Forum Member

Re: Known issues with the forum upgrade
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Could you please change the font size for me?  I do not understand how to do it.

Thanks Charlie

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Done. It should take effect immediately, but you may have to close your browser and reopen it back to the site to see it.

IP Logged

cheatin_charlie
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Thanks, much better now!

IP Logged

RoyB
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Yesterday Comcast installed a new, much higher speed modem at my house. Everything is lightning fast except for this forum. Very slow to load and as you change from one area to another it takes a very long time.

Being that it is a YaBB forum host, can you activate "New Posts" as I see on other YaBB forums I frequent.

Thanks

Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
OK, I got a question ... do not have the capability to 'Preview" a post - command box only ... "Post Message"

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
RoyB wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 8:29pm:

Being that it is a YaBB forum host, can you activate "New Posts" as I see on other YaBB forums I frequent.

Thanks

Not sure exactly what you are asking for. We do have indicators at both the board level and message level of new posts. At the board level, there is a dot with a circle around it in front of the board name. If the dot/circle is blue, the board has new posts, if its grey, then no new posts. At the message level there should be a NEW icon inserted before the message title for new messages.

If these are not what you were asking about, then please elaborate, or give me a link to a forum that has an example of what you are talking about. 

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OK, I got a question ... do not have the capability to 'Preview" a post - command box only ... "Post Message"

Josh Borton wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:39am:

3 Where is the Preview Post button? 
The post preview has moved to the upper left side of the posting screen. click on the downward arrow next to "Preview" and a preview of your post will slide down from the top.  You can then make any changes you deem necessary and it will even dynamically update the preview with a short delay if you keep typing in the text box.

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Got It!
2 Legged Game Didn't look Up to the shooting stand in the tree! Grin

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Hi Josh, 

I'm not seeing notifications in the upper left corner, only messages.  I have to go to the "Forum Jump" to find them.  Maybe a Windows XP issue?

Thanks, Bob

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Lumpy Grits
Participating Member

Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
This "upgrade", is a real downgrade in speed. When compared to the 'old' format and any other forum I'm on. Shocked
LG

Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
It appears I still have some memory issues to track down and resolve.

IP Logged

Lumpy Grits
Participating Member

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Josh Borton wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:37pm:
It appears I still have some memory issues to track down and resolve.

Be grateful for what you can do!
For me-The new format is 'stupid' slow.
Never had any issue like this with the old.
THX,
LG

Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
It was slower this afternoon than now.  I think that is probably bandwidth on this end  Grin

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Oldman1950

Reply #14 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
For the last 6 days I have tried to log on and I get the message that my password is invalid. I am able to reset my password and everything is OK except the next time I try to log in the same thing happens. HELP Please!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint