Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ruger No. 26 of 100 (Read 2067 times)
Pentz
Senior Forum Member

Funf und Zwanzig mit den
Hut

Ruger No. 26 of 100
Feb 5th, 2015 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I am in possession of Ruger ASSRA No. 26, in 32-40 and am looking for pedigree.  I am at minimum the third owner.  The previous owner (deceased last year) acquired it from a person in Sedona, AZ, who inscribed his name beneath the butt plate when he acquired it in 1989.  Beyond that is a cold trail.  Perhaps someone on this Forum can PM me the name of the original purchaser of the action.  I would like to know who built this rifle.
  The butt stock appears to be claro black walnut; it and the forearm were finished with very well executed skipline checkering.  The forearm is relieved of the action, and is not in contact with the hanger; there are two small screws at the rear of the forearm to provide some offset from the action.  
  What is with the welded hanger strut above the ejector spring?
  The hexagonal barrel is 28.5 inches long, tapering from 1.04" at the breech to 0.95" at the muzzle, which is target crowned.   The RH twist appears to be 1:16.  It came with Unertl blocks but no glass.  The only identifying markings are "147-07-1113" stamped underneath the handguard.  Rifling is 8-groove Ballard, I've yet to slug the bore.
  The trigger pull is 5 lbs!  Trigger appears to be a stock Ruger 2-screw without a "set" provision.  I've not pulled the stock yet.  Weight overall is 11.5 lbs.  
  The rifle is in overall excellent condition with just the barest of handling marks.  If it has been fired it was immaculately maintained.  There is virtually no wear on the action metal.  Enjoy the pics.  I'd sure appreciate information from anyone, I like to build and maintain pedigrees on my firearms.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2015 at 7:52pm by Pentz »  

ASSRA Member Yoostabe # 11497

IP Logged

AndyZ

Re: Ruger No. 26 of 100
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
You have # 26 of 100 actions sold through ASSRA as actions only.  All else is custom work.  Shame if no makers name.
    Smaller spring on forend hanger controls ejection. Lighten it, ejection gets lighter. Remove and extractor only.
  Search entire site.  This has been discussed often enough.

IP Logged

Pentz
Senior Forum Member

Funf und Zwanzig mit den
Hut

Re: Ruger No. 26 of 100
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks.  However, I searched the whole site and others on the web before asking these questions, which are specific to this rifle and not addressed elsewhere.  Since the actions were marked for the ASSRA it made sense to inquire here.

ASSRA Member Yoostabe # 11497

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint