Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NRA in Indianapolis (Read 2450 times)
Joe_S
Oldtimer

NRA in Indianapolis
Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
I am interested in attending the NRA meeting in Indianapolis this April. Looks like all the downtown hotels are booked up. Anyone know of a decent hotel that would not be too far away?
Thanks!

Joe S

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: NRA in Indianapolis
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
you'll probably have to stay in one of the suburbs and drive to--and-fro.

Check any of the major chains.   Indy is surrounded by areas with lots of lodging.    I'll probably stay in Noblesville

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
QuestionableMaynard8130 wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 9:17pm:
  I'll probably stay in Noblesville

No doubt much cheaper there anyway, compared to downtown accommodations.  I've been to three, beginning in the '70s, but unfortunately won't see this one--am no longer capable of traveling.

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 9:18am
Print Post  
nowhere is cheap in the INDY region.  there are a few budget motels down in Franklin and some up nw in Lebanon. but they're nearly an hour from downtown.  probably OK if you are coming in for a one day visit. but too far if you are going to be there for a couple days.

Call around the major chains ask for Sr cit/Vet/AARP etc etc. discounts and haggle if you can. but it is a sellers market during bit special events.
There are motel coupon booklets for various regions of the country that can really save bucks but I find them mostly at highway tourist information center/rest stops.  But most motels have a limited number of first-come-first serve "coupon rate" rooms. (and they cannot be used with reservations--strictly walk-in).  I use them a lot whenever possible   (I stay in motels all over IN 12-15 nights /month year round)
if you stay in motels a lot you may be able to use "reward-points" for a free night stay; but some motels have "black-outs" for special events.   INdy500 weekend, the NASCAR weekend,  major sports tournaments etc---fugiddaboutit.  Stupor Bowl last year, I doubt you could find a room within 50 miles of downtown.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint