Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Video Camera Spotting Scope Connector (Read 7761 times)
Bobduck

Re: Video Camera Spotting Scope Connector
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I'm always open to others joining me to shoot.

This is not a competition but I could see some informal competition being organized if people want to.

My idea is to have a week where people can come and shoot whatever they want.  My targets are steel so I don't want holes in them but people could bring their own targets.  I have set up some temporary paper targets also.

We also shoot a LOT of 22 rimfire, mostly at 22 metallic silhouette targets.  People also bring other guns to try out.  We can shoot in almost a 180 degree arc from almost straight north to straight south.  So we can  have more than one type of shooting going on at the same time.

If you're serious let me know and I'll send more details.  I go to the homestead and camp out for a week at the end of September.  I also go over in May but the shooting is better in September as it is dryer and bullet strikes are easier to see.  Most people don't come for the whole week but rather for whatever period of time works for them.   

I can't open this up to unlimited participation as there is only so much room and my local friends are first to be invited but I welcome anyone who would like to come to at least let me know.  Just keep in mind that while this is not the end of the world you can see it from there.  It is 37 miles of gravel road from the nearest town, but it is a good gravel road.  About 1 3/4 miles from Canada.  There are rattlesnakes but I have never seen one.   

On the plus side there is something about the place people really take a liking to once they have been there.  I don't know exactly what it is.  There  is no light pollution so the stars and milky way are very brilliant.  I think maybe the 37 mile drive really pounds in the realization that you are really in the middle of knowwhere.   

My grandparents homesteaded the place in 1914, exactly 100 years ago, when they got married.  At that time there were no roads around so they just traveled cross country to get to town.

B'duckie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint