Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Leatherwood USMC Scope (Read 1659 times)
Brudford01

New Leatherwood USMC Scope
Sep 15th, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
At this link is Leatherwood's new USMC Unertl type sniper scope . 23 " long and 8x . About 540.00 $ Postive clicks on the adjustment knobs ,unlike the MVA B series scopes, model #2 for 650.00 $  and 575.00 $ for mount # 1 .with no positive clicks . Would this look period correct on the 1885's  ? I know it is made in China and the MVA is US all the way .

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: New Leatherwood USMC Scope
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
You should be able to pickup a nice Unertl and or Super Targetspot for a few bucks more and you would have the real thing. I have not heard anything good about the Leatherwoods other than the price and you will need more than 8X if plan on doing any bench work.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: New Leatherwood USMC Scope
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 9:37am
Print Post  
I think the MVA clickless mounts are specifically designed to meet specific match regulations for authentic period scopes.

JMHO---but comparing MVA or other quality used american made scopes (Unertl/Lyman/Fecker/ etc) to the "offshore" products is comparing apples and bolwing balls.

I'm sure they probably look appropriate on a traditional rifle but few of our matches are won on looks----of the gun or the shooter---thank God Grin

At the last match at Etna Green I saw several very good scopes---Unertl, Lyman and Fecker and all at usable target X--- that sold within that price range.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint