Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Weihrauch HW-52MM (Matchbüchse) (Read 14312 times)
chuckjordan2

Weihrauch HW-52MM (Matchbüchse)
Mar 18th, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
This was top-of-the line for Weihrauch's HW-52.   The MM or Match Model (Matchbüchse).   It doesn't have all the accessories, but, it does have the diopter   Grin

Enjoy

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Re: Weihrauch HW-52MM (Matchbüchse)
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks for posting the pics of some very interesting 22rf single shot rifles. Here in the bayou country (Louisiana) we do not see many of these rifles and it's a treat when someone posts pics of fine rifles like that. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

chuckjordan2

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the compliment.  I'm in Virginia and I just love the engineering and craftsmanship that went into many of the German weapons.   

My first love is airguns (German), I guess they're SS too (and breech loaded).

IP Logged

chuckjordan2

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
This Saturday (06/26) I received my shipment in from Germany.   Today was the first day at the range (it was 101' in Central VA).

Groups were OK at 50Y, but, the Perl front insert needs to be changed to a 3,0mm Korn.    Or, I'm going to make-up a 1,0mm Korn.

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Looks to be a fine looking rifle. I'm guessing here, but the cap at the end of the forend is actually what is holding the barreled action into the stock?. Thanks for sharing. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Chuck,

Beautiful rifle.  Bring it to the Rim Fire Ram Bash this month

On your front sight insert, Jim at Distant Thunder will make any insert, Give him one that fits to copy external dim's, he will make the rest custom, anyway you want.  Fast turn too.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Boats

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:12am
Print Post  
How would not having a two piece stock play into the rules for the various shooting sports. I believe both the ISSA and ASSRA require two piece stocks and I am not sure about the other venues.

Very lovely rifle indeed and one anyone would be proud to own. 

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
John

Our Club Single shot match has no restriction limiting to 2 piece stock. Club is not ASSRA.  Some of the individual club members like my self are ASSRA.

Scoped that rifle ought to be competitive NRA Smallbore Silhouette too. Shoot regulation in the morning remove the scope and shoot the single shot match afternoon same rifle.

Boats

IP Logged

chuckjordan2

Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Singleshotlover wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:08pm:
....the cap at the end of the forend is actually what is holding the barreled action into the stock?.

Frank,  actually, there is a cap within a cap on this model.   The outside cap holds in the forend and the inside cap holds a prize!    Just like a box of Cracker Jack, there's korn inserts in the inside cap!    

Note: often the original inserts were lost and the inside cap is empty.   I got lucky.    Also, some German shooters inserted lead into the forend to weigh it down.

J Louis, this is a two-piece stock.   If you look closely in the photo (at the front of the rear-diopter base) you will see the seam.   I'm going to disassemble the entire rifle for it's bi-centennial cleaning,  I'll demonstrate in a few days...

Photo below of the inside cap (sorry for the dark photo).

IP Logged

chuckjordan2

Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:12am:
How would not having a two piece stock play into the rules for the various shooting sports. I believe both the ISSA and ASSRA require two piece stocks..... 
J.Louis

Yup, it's a two piece stock.   That or I just came back from the bandsaw  Grin

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Wow I love the way the two piece stock set comes together and appears to be one and I surely did miss that fine line. It would definitely  meet the two piece stock rule and I am anxious to see of your groups once you have it dialed in, by design it out to be a 250 rifle on the German Ring target.

Thanks for sharing the broken down pictures I truly enjoyed looking at the overall mechanical design.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Chuck, that is some fine piece of German craftsmanship. Never thought that the cap was meant to store the inserts. Very interesting and thanks for sharing the pics. Have not seen a single shot rifle here at the gun shows in quite sometime. You see the rugers
and some tc's but that's pretty much it. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

chuckjordan2

Reply #12 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:36am
Print Post  
I see a Haenel KK Sport at the local Richmond GS.  It's missing the rear diopter and the front sight doesn't look originial (at least from what I've seen).   It's scoped.   And the price is astronomical.  It's been at the show for about 2 years (I think the owner is one of those types that puts high prices because they don't want it to sell).

Frank,  I agree with you and after working on German airguns for over 15 years I just love the German craftsmanship.

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #13 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Chuck, well there was one dealer who had a take down 12/15 or 13 martini. Had some carving on the buttstock and brown patina all over. The bore wasn't anything to write home about though. $700 the first time I saw it and each show was a little cheaper. Didn't tell him I had a spare 12/15 bbl at home with a way better bore. I gues someone bought it after awhile as we never saw it after about 8 or so gunshows. Closest we ever came to a real dyed in the wool single shot was a win high wall a guy had bought for $1300 in 30-40 krag. Not that one had a nice bore. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint