Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Who is incharge of the Archival Library (Read 4959 times)
ar15is223
Ex Member

Who is incharge of the Archival Library
Sep 4th, 2011 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Who do i contact to request something from the Archival library now. I remember reading that it had been moved but i could not find  the new contact  information.
Thanks Nick.

IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Who is incharge of the Archival Library
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 12:29am
Print Post  
I am in the process of cataloging the books in the Archives. They have been moved to Eau Claire WI.
Contact me at archives@assra.com. Rudi has kept some materials to answer questions as the cataloging will take some time. Let me know what you are looking for and I will try to help you. Some of the books as well as most of the magazines have been put on an online catalog @ (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
As of now the only things shelved are the magazines.
Cheers,
Laurie

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

ar15is223
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply I will send you an email.

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Here is  the new Archives address:

Laurie Gapko
ASSRA Archives
Building F13, Suite 104
800 Wisconsin Street, Mailbox 68
Eau Claire, WI  54703
Email:      secretary@assra.com
Telephone:      (715) 834-3897 (landline)
           (608) 628-0536 (cell)

40 Rod

IP Logged

creedmoormatch
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
 Laurie:

You obviously have been, and still are, a very busy person.  I don't want to burden you any further beyond what you already have on your plate.  However, if I may have a few moments of your time, I was interested in knowing if the new library web site will search by author's last name?

If I should be talking with Rudi, please let me know that and I will gladly be in touch with him.  What I am searching for is an article written by Mr. Buck Emmert (I don't have a date) titled "The Name of the Game is the Same".  I've been informed that the article appeared in the Hodgdon Data Manual No. 25, perhaps in a chapter under the heading, "Shooting Single Shot Rifles".

Could you kindly point me in the right direction when you have a moment?

I greatly appreciate what you have accomplished thus far for the organization, and any direction you may offer me would be equally appreciated.

Webb

IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Yes the data base can be sorted by author but the only place author will be entered is for books. Magazines and other serials will have an entry for editor but not for authors of articles. I think I have Hodgdon Data Manual No. 25 on the shelf for reloading and can look tomorrow.
Cheers,
Laurie

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Webb I would probably need to cut out the section so I can scan and e-mail it to you but I need to think about it for awhile if it is not in the archives?

It might be better served if I copied the article by typing it word for word out of the manual I have on hand but I am not sure how to capture the groups shot by both Dorthy Emmert with her 32-40 and Buck with his 38-55?

The article is " The Name Of The Game Is The Same "

Try doing a search on the Hogdon Data Manual NO. 25 and see if one is still available at a reasonable cost as in my opinion it would money well spent.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 6:20am
Print Post  
I get pretty good copies propping books open and photographing with a DSLR Camera.

Boats

IP Logged

creedmoormatch
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
The article is " The Name Of The Game Is The Same "
Try doing a search on the Hogdon Data Manual NO. 25 and see if one is still available at a reasonable cost as in my opinion it would money well spent.J.Louis

Thanks very much John.  I'll have more time later in the day to see what is available from the ASSRA library or alternative sources.  I'm sure a copy will turn up quite easily.

Webb

IP Logged

creedmoormatch
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Webb I would probably need to cut out the section so I can scan and e-mail it to you but I need to think about it for awhile if it is not in the archives?J.Louis

John:  Thanks for your offer of help in locating a copy of the article that we spoke about.  Fortunately, I was able to secure an original of the entire handbook without too much difficulty, by just calling around to some contact people I know.

I've enjoyed reading the article that you put me on to, but there is a lot of additional worthwhile information that I've yet had a chance to get into.

Webb

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Your welcome Webb both articles are very rewarding and I go back and re-read them from time to time as there is allot of basic and valuable information shared. The groups pictured are quite impressive especially when one takes into consideration the low tech bench setup they are shooting off of and one could only imagine the self control required to be able to consistently shoot that well.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint