Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My mistake: Double set trigger problems on a Win 9 (Read 1949 times)
zeke

My mistake: Double set trigger problems on a Win 9
Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
     Hi Gang:

I posted a question re the use of double set triggers on a Hi Wall.  I was wrong.  The problem is wit a Win 92 with DST.

These triggers are the two trigger type that are very close together.
They appear to not work as the fear trigger is very loose with a bit of sideways motion.  It does not set anything.  Pulling the front trigger will fire the rifle.  Can I adjust the rear trigger to work? Is it broken? Wher may iI send it to have it repaired?

Thanks,

Zeke

IP Logged

Quarter_Bore
Oldtimer

Re: My mistake: Double set trigger problems on a Win 9
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Have you tried unscrewing the adjustment screw to see if that allows it to be set?

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Zeke, 

If backing out the adjusting screw doesn't have any effect, my recommendation is to pull the buttstock, then pull the lower tang out of the action and look at it. 

It's easier to see what is happening, and get a clear understanding of what is supposed to happen, when you can actually see the parts interact. 

You may just need to give it a good cleaning to get rid of the buildup of dried out grease and oil (and Hercules 2400 powder residue).

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

zeke

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 9:24am
Print Post  
    Hi:

Thanks for the help!

I will get to the 92 as soon as I find and repair the leak in my roof! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Zeke Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint