Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Modern Scope rings on old style Scope blocks (Read 14002 times)
BRKHornet
Ex Member

Re: Modern Scope rings on old style Scope blocks
Reply #15 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
As a update to my original posting, I purchased a LNIB set of Burris Signature rings # 420554 for Rimfire applications. These came with (3) pairs of clamping pads to allow one to use on 3/8", 11mm and 12mm??? They are not stamped so you have to mic them. I had a set of loose Posa blocks I assumed were same width as factory H&R barrel blocks to trial fit the rings on. I tried the Burris rings with all clamps included and felt the fit was just not there with any of them, too much daylight showing around base. I basically threw in the towel so to speak and removed the original H&R blocks from rifle to Mic and have new blocks machined to accept the Burris rings. While Mic'ing the blocks I notice they were .008 narrower than the Posa's......Hmmm, I grabbed the (3) different pads for a trial fit and Voila! a set allowed the rings to fit very well, I give it a 99% fit. I've seen dedicated rings/receiver which don't fit half as well. So now I feel I'm on to something and will do a trial fit of the scope asap.

BRKHornet

Quote:
Thanks for posting the picture. Looks like a neat way to do things. I've been sorting through some ideas I have and may have discovered a method to allow me to mount the scope. I have to get some more dimensions and order couple parts.

Thanks,
BRKHornet

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:38pm by »  

IP Logged

BRKHornet
Ex Member

Re: Modern Scope rings on old style Scope blocks
Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Scope (Redfield 3200 24X) fits perfectly w/ everything tightened down (18 inch Lbs) and leaves a nice .120 gap between barrel and scope. I'm very happy w/ this mounting and feel this could save rings from marring up a beautiful scope. FWIW
BRKHornet

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint