Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Archivist (Read 1891 times)
Ballard6

Archivist
Jun 26th, 2011 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Is Rudi  still the archivist or did I read where someone else had taken over the duties ? He certainly should be commended for the job he did.

IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Archivist
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Rudi has done better than great job in founding the Archives and keeping it going. We the ASSRA have a wonderful resource and it is all due to his efforts.

Rudi is in the process of retiring as Archivist. I am in the process of taking on the job. We are going to share responsibilities for some time as I am going to be putting all of the books in to an online catalog. This is a major project details will be in the Journal as we go forward. The majority of the materials have been moved to a new home in Eau Claire WI and need to be un-boxed cataloged and shelved. It was over 12,000 pounds and 300 boxes. It will be a while before books can be shipped out as soon as they are ready I will post a notice here as well as in the Journal. I used  my part of my own book collection as a test but need to be sure what is in the ASSRA collection and remove my books not duplicated in the ASSRA collection. I have cataloged almost 1000 books from the Jake Simmons collection, and the archives periodicals so far with lots more to do.

Cheers,
Laurie

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

MAD MIKE
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Laurie, I wish you the best of luck & hardy "attaboy".You've got a hard act to follow.                                                                           Rudi, A big thank you for your service & wishing you many happy years in retirement.   Thanking you both, again, ...MIKE...

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Maybe we could get a federal grant ....

No.

This effort is one of the best uses of our dues!   

THANKS for the efforts!

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Presidents and other officers (as well as board members) come and go, but as Editor of the American Single Shot Rifle Association News (predecessor to the current SSR J) and then continuing on as archivist, Rudi was the face of ASSRA for decades and a major part of the respect we as an organization have within the firearms community is due to his work.  The ASSRA archives are the source others all seem to come to as the final word, not just on single shots but firearms in general.  Rudi is now taking a well earned retirement from this, but his work will live on, and I can't think of anyone I would rather see take up the task than Laurie.  If anyone can continue this work in the way it should be done, he's the man that can do it.  Thanks to both of you for work done and work to come!

Deepest regards,
Charlie Shaeff
the Green Frog

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint