Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) WILTON ROD & GUN CLUB MAY 21ST & 22ND 2011 (Read 4075 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

WILTON ROD & GUN CLUB MAY 21ST & 22ND 2011
Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Outstanding Performance Gentleman & Congratulations!

I know from experience that these scores did not come from a lack of hard work and dedication. If possible could the equipment list and load data be shared for all of us to enjoy and most importantly learn from.

200 YD SCORE: 
ROBERT BUZZEO 250
DALE REYNOLDS 249
ANDY ZAHORNACKY 248
GORDY WICKHAM 247
JIM MC DERMOTT 247

200 YD GROUP: 
DALE REYNOLDS .710
ANDY ZAHORNACKY .716
JIM MC DERMOTT .718

200 YD GROUP: 
FEATURE MATCH 10 SHOTS
DALE REYNOLDS 1.20
ARNIE KOEHLER 1.76
ROBERT BUZZEO 1.89
BILL GRAFFIUS 1.96
ANDY ZAHORNACKY 2.08
JIM MC DERMOTT 2.19

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

KAF
Ex Member

Re: WILTON ROD & GUN CLUB MAY 21ST & 22ND 2011
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
I think maybe the equipment for those above should be listed in the Single Shot Rifle Journal, then every member could see them.

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
I agree, and 40 Rod is working on that, I'm hopping that it will be in the next Journal or at least posted on the site.

40 Rod, I'm still available if you need help with the Data.
  O C S

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 12:25am
Print Post  
One thing that is sorely lacking regarding putting the info in the Journal , is the up to two month lag time.

Frank
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2011 at 12:47am by frnkeore »  

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 6:53am
Print Post  
I am putting the finishing touches on the article now. The next journal has already gone to the printer. The article will be in the September / October Journal. I am putting the finishing touches on that article, a Match report, and an article on the MVA B5 scope. That is how far ahead I have to work to get a Journal out to you in a proper time frame. 
Before you ask No I will not put it on the web and then put it in the journal as stale news that has already been read and digested. My responsibility is the Journal and the members of the ASSRA. It is hard enough to come up with enough material for a Journal with little help because instead of writing a thought provoking article everyone wants to squirt their thoughts out in real time. 
Sorry I had to get that off my chest.
40 Rod

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Amazing my post was to congratulate some top notch shooters who have accomplished allot in my book and instead of joining me to congratulate them it turns out to be yet one more pissing match of which this organization does not need and or deserve!

My intent of which I failed to mention and I apologize for not doing was to have each one of these this competitors volunteer to take the time to share there individual equipment / load data information for all to benefit from. 

In regards to who should be responsible for providing this information I would think it would be on the match director or a designated assistant as it would just be a simple matter of having the competitors fill out the equipment questionnaire of which is typical and have it included along with the scores. I have access to accomplish this task on this site and in no way am I suggesting to have it or the scores sent to someone else to have them post it here when we have the ability to do it ourselves!

I am not currently the match director for the Modesto Rifle Club but as a regular participant I have volunteered to take on the responsibility to provide the scores and I have no qualms in regards to providing the equipment and load data information if you would like me to do so in the future.

40 Rod I apologize for any hardship brought about by my post that surely was not my intention.

J.Louis

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  

J.Louis.
Instead of complaining about the way the organization is doing  the equip. list why don't you offer to help 40 Rod like I did. I've noticed that you and creedmoormatch seem to do a lot of talking about nothing much other than your personal agendas and not much about helping the ASSRA. 

If you want to take on the job of sorting out the data from your club shoots have at it. Why not do it and send it to 40 Rod or even post it on the site and stop talking about a lot of nothing,  or who's Pi**ing who off.  If you think this is turning into a Pi***ing match it's because you made it that way, 40 Rod had no reason to come back with his response other than make his point very clear to you.  The list will be in the Journal for all members to see, if he wishes to put it on the site for guys that are not members it's up to him.

As I'm sure you know, he's the Editor and any P  Match you get into with him you are going to be the one going down in flames. I think this has been said before, not all the members of ASSRA have the same interest that you and creedmoormatch have and as far as I'm concerned you should not try an push your ideas or agendas on other members of ASSRA. Please don't forget, ASSRA is not YOUR personal sounding board. 

I somewhat agree with you that it would be nice if the info was put on the site, it could probably be done in less than a week but it's up to the person doing all the work to decide, not me, not you,  or anyone else.
  O C S

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 8:28am
Print Post  
John, Centershot, and all,
Maybe it is me who needs to apologise. Sometimes I wake up a little cranky and I jump when I should sit still. 
The Internet fills a fills a need for discussion and there is a place for that. The magazine should be a place for a more detailed explanation that can be studied and re-read. The magazine has a voracious appetite and when I finish every issue there is another set of blank pages to fill. There are a lot of days that I see stuff on here that would make great articles for the Journal. When I see them I sometimes write and express an interest in the project. Most times I get no response at all sometimes I get a "oh I couldn't write for a magazine". It's frustrating and frankly I'm getting tired of rushing my own ideas before they are fully developed because there are pages to fill. I ain't that interesting and I worry that my constant writing limits the scope and focus of the magazine. 
On the subject of the equipment lists when I went through them i was disappointed at the information given. I could count the forms that were well filled out on one hand. When I went through them I was particularly disappointed with the number of "old hands" who just scribbled their name and 32-40. If you want to see equipment lists First you have to fill out the forms. Second tell your Schuetzenmeister to send in the scores and the information. If he doesn't have the time tell him to put the stuff in an envelop and send it to me. Once again it doesn't have to be Schuetzen if it was fired with a single shot I will print it. I want this magazine to be about more than schuetzen. 
40 Rod

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
40-Rod I truly do apologize on your behalf for any hardships brought about by me and I will leave it at that. 

What those individuals accomplished on 5/21 & 5/22 displayed some extremely exceptional shooting abilities.

J.Louis

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 7:48am
Print Post  
John 
Your right Western NY has turned out some of the best bench shooters in our game Bresine, Bass, Ken Hall, and the new crop Dale Reynolds, Jeff Schultz, Andy Z and Jim Mc Dermott can all be counted on to give you a real run for your money. 

40 Rod

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
40 Rod,
I've shot with a few of those guys, the scary thing about them is the fact that there not "young" guys with young eyes and nerves.
  O C S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint