Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't find "wickliffe" in search (Read 4823 times)
Curmudgeon
Ex Member

Can't find "wickliffe" in search
Jun 9th, 2010 at 6:48am
Print Post  
I am a new member and trying to find information about the Wickliffe single shot rifle.  The search returns "Sorry, no matches were found".  Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that this forum has no information about Wickliffe?

Thanks

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Re: Can't find "wickliffe" in search
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
I am a new member and trying to find information about the Wickliffe single shot rifle.  The search returns "Sorry, no matches were found".  Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that this forum has no information about Wickliffe?

Thanks

Hello Curmudgeon,

There have been a number of threads on the ASSRA Forum relating to this rifle, the current ownership of the manufacturing rights and some posts from various claimants who say they have the right to manufacture this rifle action. At least two people claim to have the manufacturing rights.

There were quite a few intemperant postings, so the Moderators may have removed the individual threads. If any remain you may have to go through each seperate section of the ASSRA Forum until you find what your looking for.

Harry

IP Logged

Idaho Sharpshooter

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I may be of some assistance.  Some years ago Tom Ondrus posted on (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) that he had acquired the tooling, moulds, etc and was offering "machined kits".  $400.  I bought one, took it to my gunsmith and a week later he ordered six or seven.  They're all sold and built, mostly 45-70 or longer.  I suggested to Tom that he increase the upper tang length to allow for a proper rear sight.  He did that on my second one.
Tom sadly, passed away this year and I have not heard anything about who has them now or what is going on.  They make a neat action, and are hell for stout.  My first one is a .470 Nitro Express 3 1/4".

This is an FYI, I do not need any disparaging comments.

regards,

Rich
DRSS

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the late reply, but if you used the search field near the top right of the page, and didnt click on the search tab, then the system defaults to only searching within the last week. to search further back, or search everything, click the search tab on the top left

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint