Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic posting a photo attachment 97KB (Read 8623 times)
classicchecker
Ex Member

posting a photo attachment 97KB
Oct 28th, 2009 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I edited my photo, (not sure if I can do it again because I'm not sure what I did!) but I go the the size to 97KB.  Tried posting as an attachment, and got the message to repost for security reasons. etc.  Tried four to five times, no change, when I tried to preview the post w/attachment photo, same message.  What am I doing wrong?  Tim

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: posting a photo attachment 97KB
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Tim,

Where on your computer do you have the photos located that you are trying to attach? 

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question to ask, but I remember having a problem like you describe until I began placing copies of my photos on the operating system "desktop".  Now I browse directly to the desktop and am able to attach the copies to my posts. 

Regards,
BP

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

classicchecker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I have the edited (reduced size JPEG) photo in my documents file.  I'll try sending that photo to my desktop, and maybe that will work.  It's a photo of work in progress of my custom Peabody What Cheer competition rifle.  Thanks for the advice.  Tim

IP Logged

classicchecker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Nope, didn't work.  I sent the copy to my desktop, and tried to browse it from the desktop, and got the same results, message about security reason have to repost the attachment photo.      Tim

IP Logged

classicchecker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Hmmm.  I turned off my Firewall thinking that might be the problem, and same old message in red, " resubmit your photo attachment for security reason, etc."  Never gets past the review posting.  I'm thinking it is this forum format that is the problem.  I edit, update, upload and publish to my website all the time.  Ditto for my Facebook.com.
Sure wish I could post some photo's of my Peabody project, work in progress!      Tim  Undecided   Embarrassed   Cry

IP Logged

Quarter_Bore
Oldtimer

Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Post your message and picture without a preview. I think that will fix it. You can always edit the stuff later. For some reason it never let me post a picture if I go through the preview, but if I just submit it it works fine.

IP Logged

classicchecker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks 1/4 bore.  Worked like a champ!  I also found a new trick to reduce the size of the photo attachment.  I e-mailed it to myself, and Outlook Express automatically reduces the size for mail purposes.  Then I saved the attachment back in my pictures file.  Glad it worked because I have been trying for a couple of days to reduce the size to a manageable format.    Thanks Again,  Tim

IP Logged

screwloosetc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Tim 
Am trying ur method see my new baby

IP Logged

screwloosetc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 8:48am
Print Post  
It worked, look at the lines of the stock most comfortable rifle ive ever shot. its a Savage 1906 got it with busted extracter, bore is gone will still hit cans at 50yds. that is enough for what it is. Merry Christmas and Blessings to your family my friend
Tom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint