Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Gun show manners (Read 8281 times)
podufa

Re: Gun show manners
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
I don't understand how he felt sorry for the kid for selling less than it was worth after he had offered less than the other fellow bought it for.

IP Logged

acelungger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
As I understand, you had made the deal, and I would of told the buyer that he has took my offer and but out! But That is only my thoughts! It was kind of you to let the young man make the extra $25.00, but if he had agreed to take your $100.00 offer, I would feel that the other person stepped out of line. i see that happen all the time. my problem is, the other person didn't have what it takes to do the dealing part and let you do all the work, and then took advantage of you. there will be a lot of people that dissagree with me, that is why this is still USA.
When I make a deal, it done, no matter if someone offers more or not, but the kid did ask you, and you must of felt sorry for him and let the other guy buy it.

ACE

IP Logged

zampilot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
What comes around goes around! You lowballed the kid and refused his price, the other guy took advantage. I wouldnt worry about it, but that's the way business happens sometimes.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #18 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What comes around goes around! You lowballed the kid and refused his price, the other guy took advantage. I wouldnt worry about it, but that's the way business happens sometimes.

Like I said, some people just dont have manners.  Then theres people not smart enough to use manners. And then theres people who will accept it.  They are the people who are kept out of the loop and spend their time trying to beat the other guy out of a hundred dollar rifle. 

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

Hammer47

Reply #19 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
In your own words, the gun was worth more than that so why didn't you just give the kid $125?

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Nov 30th, 2008 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I would have had the gun in my hands but they were full at the time. Made that mistake before and knew better but hands were full. When the kid asked me if it was all right with me I could have said no. The gun was only worth $100 to me at the time. I could have said I will give you the $125 and bought it but my number was $100. I figured the kid could could use the extra $25 and I did not need the rifle . The other guy sort of rubbed me the wrong way and I figured I had best walk away before I said something out of line myself. Not worth an argument over. Kid is happy. Other guy got a great deal, and I still have money in my pocket. Just another learning experience. Personaly I always make sure that any two people who are dealing are finished before I get involved.
Was at a show years ago when an older gentleman walked in with a Smith & Wesson Model 16 .32 Magnum. Dealer offered him $300. Gun was worth at least $600 at the time. I was going to offer him $400 but waited for dealer to finish. Guy sold it to dealer for $300. I walked away, mad at myself for missing a great deal, but knowing I did the right thing.

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Speaking of manners things even happen on this site.In the want adds. I posted a WTB add for a Item.Another member posted he had one for XXX dollars.before I seen the response. Two other members (one a BOD member) butted  in telling how much more they had sold one  for.SUDDENLY my seller did not have that one anymore but had a better one. Grin Grin This seller has PM'd me several times trying to sell me the item.Since then trying to sell me the item at a reduced price. I told him I was sure the BOD member who thought the plrice was way too cheap.Would be happy to buy it.And this was not even at a gun show. Whitey

IP Logged

Hammer47

Reply #22 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
I have had the same thing happen.  It's HARD to keep out of a deal when  you know there is still "money on the table" but no gun is worth getting into an argument over.  Guess it's true, the old saying that IF IT'S GOT TITS OR TRIGGERS IT'LL CAUSE 'YA TROUBLE. Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint