Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic  Who is Spotting For You ? (Read 2325 times)
Gone Fly Fishing
Frequent Elocutionist

Who is Spotting For You ?
Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
  I've had a series of different spotters working my spotting scope over the years, too many to remember, and most I want to forget.  Some were ugly, but fair to good spotters...some were pretty, but not so good spotters, especially that chemical blond.  She couldn't tell time and didn't know her right from her left.  (It' a story for another day what happened after the match !)

So one day after lunch, I sat down to give this part of my shooting life some thought.  It occurred to me as I sat there that I was missing something here, but could do better about it, which I did.  As a matter of fact, he was laying right at my feet.  So, I got up out of that comfortable overstuffed chair, went down and got my J. Stevens out of the safe, rubbed the cotton cloth over it to absorb the surface oil, put it in a sleeve, and went back up stairs.  Located a couple of boxes of 32-40, the spotting scope, and the 200 yard German rings.  (The stapler I keep behind the seat of the truck)

There he was, up off the rug, standing with his leash and collar in his mouth waiting for a ride in the truck.  Sure enough, he sensed something exciting was up.  We drove the 5 1/4 miles to the range and as we got out, I saw a special sign, both in his eyes and a slight smile on his lips.

We went over to the line, layed down our mats, set up the spotting scope, and as I focused up at 200 yards, he moved up closer, took a look, and the rest is history, as they say.

My old ugle buddy at the range, you know, the only fair spotter, couldn't believe he had been replaced.  So he snapped a photo to show you all.

Take a look, that's my new range spotter...and low and behold, he's good at it and he's pretty too.

Thanks for visiting with us.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Paul_F.
Ex Member

Re:   Who is Spotting For You ?
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Interesting..
I happen to know a local gentleman who also claims to be the one on the rifle.
He is a disabled law enforcement officer... the pic was taken in his younger days with his K-9 counterpart.
I even featured this picture as a cover photo in my clubs newsletter.

Great shot, no matter who it is Smiley

Paul F.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re:   Who is Spotting For You ?
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Good spotter no doubt, I am sure he is better than some I have had.  Will be at the range Friday and Jack Russell will be spotting for me.

Boats

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
What do you call a smart blonde?

A golden retriever!!   Wink

Of course the dog makes a good spotter.

froggie

IP Logged

Gone Fly Fishing
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
     Hey Guys...

I'll take a J.R. Terrier ... or a Golden ... (or both) ... any    
            day ... both are my favorites .

Creed Moor

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Creedmore he keeps the varmits away from the range too.   

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint