Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) When was the last time, someone bought from R.S. (Read 4867 times)
acelungger
Ex Member

When was the last time, someone bought from R.S.
Sep 22nd, 2008 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
I was just wondering if anyone out there has bought or heard of anyone buying kits from Wes Stanley who handles Rodney Story's action kits. i have read it is almost impossible to get a hold of these people. I have called and left 4 messages and 2 email's. And I was just wondering if anyone has got anything from these people and how did they do it?

Maybe someone will help me out!
ACE

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Re: When was the last time, someone bought from R.
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Ace join the club.I think they get a kickback from the phone co for the money you  pay to get a answer that NEVER COMES Smiley.If they are not out of bussines they proably will be soon. The way they are handling things. Whitey

IP Logged

Paul_F.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
I bought a DS Cole casting set from Wes about two years ago... (yet another project I haven't quite gotten to).
I got the impression that there really isn't a "they"... it's either Wes by himself, or pretty close to it.
I also found out when I ordered that it's a side-line business for Wes, and he's a one-man farmer also... 

With a farm to run some times of the year, and if he IS the only one running the shop, I can imagine some times of the year are pretty darn busy.

Not saying that makes it right not being able to get a hold of him... but I can understand it a bit.

Seemed like decent guy when I dealt with him.. but peoples circumstances can change..

Paul F.

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Paul I agree wes is really a decent guy. I bought two actions from him about two years ago.Great service. but for the last 9 mts for sure no answers either by phone or email.
Even farmers should take time to check things.And  I would think sometime during a 9 mth period ???.
Again Wes was really helpfull at that time.It just seems a shame to have so much interest.and no one to take care it. Whitey

IP Logged

Paul_F.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Can't argue with you there...

I just hope that he's doing OK, and nothing bad is going on for "him and his", so to speak.

Hopefully he gets back on an even keel, whatever is going on, and starts taking the action-casting business seriously.

Paul F.

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Paul I agree as I bought Sharps Borchard and a Deeley and Edge.and they was great kits. HOwever he does not own the co.I believe Rodney Story is the owner.Also VERY HARD Smiley to get ahold Of. Like maybe never. Whitey
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2008 at 12:55am by »  

IP Logged

podufa

Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Just got the latest issue of "Black Powder Cartridge News" yesterday and there is an add in it . email address and evening phone no 405-794-9171

IP Logged

sluggunner
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 6:32am
Print Post  
I've tried off and on for the past year with no replies. I've given up.
                                                   Rich

IP Logged

acelungger
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 8:16am
Print Post  
See, that is something I cannot understand! Why would you be paying ad money if you were not selling anything? And you know that there are a lot more people trying to get a hold of them pther than just what amount of people that have posted here on this post! Ad's are not cheap! so at some time you would think you would have to try and recover the cost!
If only a person, could find someone that was a shooter that lived in that area, might be able to update us on what is going on?
I am a born and raised farm boy, and I know the area he is in, is big time farming, but also can be big time losses!! When I call a lady is who is on the answering machine, and like the rest of you guys you never hear back.
Has anyone ever talked to this Rodney Story? There little web page says they are doing some retooling.
If I or anyone gets in touch with them please let the rest of us know!

Thanks for the help!
ACE

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Ace if I rember right Wes told me his day job was at Tinker AFB as a civilian cap.
Add are sometimes purchased for a year to get a much better rate.
On another thread on site (frionter) someone said they had loaned Rodney Story some orginal parts to be used for a pattern.And could not get ahould of him even by mail to get his parts back.
Personaly I think.As I am sure they know all about us and this site and the interest in thier kits. IF THEY WANTED OUR BUSSINESS THEY WOULD LET US KNOW OR ATLEAST ANS OUR CALLS. JMO. Whitey

IP Logged

JCHannum
Senior Forum Member

Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I bought a High Wall casting set from Wes a year ago and a set of drawings for tang sights a couple of months ago. It is best to contact him in the evening, and it did take a couple of tries to catch up with him.

I also hope all is well, he was very helpful and good to deal with.

Jim H.

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I think we all agree the product is fine and if you EVER GET AHOLD of Wes the service is great.But after 2 yrs of off and on troubles. It is a lousy way to run a bussiness. Whitey

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint