Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) J.M. Marlin Ballard .22cal (Read 24339 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: J.M. Marlin Ballard .22cal
Reply #30 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Iowa, a "22 Creedmoor 333yds" sounds WAAAY COOOOL!! how about some more details on that and maybe a picture or two next time you shoot it?  That's the first match to come along lately that really tickles my fancy.  I see myself with a 32" bbld low-wall with a Creedmoor style stock and really tall tang sight.  Does anybody shoot it in the back position?  Cheesy

Froggie

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
frogster, could you add this creedmoor 22RF match to your program, sure sounds like fun to me--maybe you don't have the yardage.leadball

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
22 creedmoore---333 yards!!!!!!  dang!!!   wish we could get another 133 yards on the side of the Etna Green range.  wouldn't that be a ball.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #33 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
From benches to back berm face @ Brushy Mtn is a lttle over 320 yds, IIRC.  I'm thinking maybe we could make some kind of accommodation as we plan our expansions.  That great big .22 barrel that Jim Borton sold me a couple of yeas ago for the FrankenBallard project may doom that rifle to be a "mini-Creedmoor" gun.  At least then I would have both a justification and an inspiration for finally finishing it!  In fact, I think I even have a stock blank from some old swap that Ken Hurst and I did that could be shaped up to be a dandy Creedmoor-style stock.  Can you hear the wheels turning?   Cheesy

Froggie

IP Logged

.22Hepburn
Oldtimer

Reply #34 - Feb 24th, 2008 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
.22's RULE !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint