Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re mark rechambered Stevens? (Read 2789 times)
slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Re mark rechambered Stevens?
Feb 26th, 2008 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Finaly got my relined, rechambered Stevens 44 back from the gunsmith. Can't wait for a nice day to try it out. It was originally a .22 lr. It is now a .22 Mag. I am not sure if I want to re stamp it .22 Mag or leave it as is. On one hand I want to keep it original on the outside. On the other hand it may be better to mark it because some day it will leave my posession and could cause problems for a future owner. Would appreciate some other thoughts on this one.

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Re: Re mark rechambered Stevens?
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 1:41am
Print Post  
I think you answered your own question. What gunsmith would do this and not remark the cal.Could be a veryyyyyyyyyyy dangerousssss situation.

IP Logged

mdeland
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Always restamp or etch caliber change in a rifle that will possibly leave your possession. It is the only ethical and safe thing to do. MD

IP Logged

J.D.Steele
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I always use a set of steel stencil stamps in 1/16" size to deeply stamp the details of chamber and barrel, on the underside of the barrel under the forearm. Remarking the original visible caliber stamp is something that IMO should be done by a method a little neater than my own poor efforts but in every case the remarking should always be done, regardless of the neatness or lack thereof.
JMO, regards, Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint