Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rim fire rolling block (Read 3514 times)
Ziggy

Rim fire rolling block
Dec 22nd, 2007 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Were the large Remington Rolling blocks #1, #5 ever made in rimfire? If so does any one have a rimfire breech block they would be willing to part with?

IP Logged

Fred Boulton
Oldtimer

Re: Rim fire rolling block
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Swedish, Danish and Norwegian Rolling Blocks were all made in rimfire calibres. Swedish ones are sometimes found with both C/F & R/F blocks.
My Danish RB simply has an extra hole drilled in the block to convert it to C/F together wih a new firing pin. It is not true that Danish RBs can be used for both types of ammo by simply reversing the firing pin--a different pin is required.
Fred.

IP Logged

is0086s

Bob Ryan

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
First, let me assure you I don't understand everything I know about rolling blocks but I may have an opportunity for you. I have a number 1 1/2 rolling block in 32 rimfire. I'm led to understand the 1 1/2 has the same profile as the number 1 but is narrower and has a smaller barrel shank. It was made for sporting rifles. I want to make my 1 1/2 into a center fire. I'm told the breech blocks will interchange - a number 1 breechblock will go into a 1 1/2 receiver. Thus your opportunity. If you have a number 1 breechblock in good shape I'd trade for my rimfire 1 1/2 breechblock.  And while we're at it, is what I say right - would this work?

Bob Ryan

IP Logged

Ziggy

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I forgot all about the Danish and I have one (Its hell to get old) I have a #5 7mm I want to re-barrel or reline to a 22 mag or 17 HMR. I can change the breech block to a rimfire but thought I would try to find one already done.
Thanks

IP Logged

Ziggy

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
As far as interchangeability between a #11/2 and a #5 I am not sure may be some one will step in with the answer.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I don't think the Swede or Danish Rolling Block will work in the rimfire variation. The pin will be too far out to hit a .22 or .17 rim. These were large caliber rimfires, so it would still require relocating the firing pin hole. 
I think you'd be better off just reworking your existng block, as waiting for a .22 rimfire block could take some time!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint