Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Etta Green, Archives, Journal (Read 2276 times)
frederick
Ex Member

Etta Green, Archives, Journal
Sep 9th, 2007 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
As one who just renewed for three years and who lives 2,000 miles from Etta Green, I offer the following.

1. Etta Green must be preserved and I encourage the purchase of all property needed to insure it's future operation.

2. Without a sense and understanding of history a people lack culture. The preservation and the ability to access our archives is an absolute necessity.

3. The new editor of the Journal is a competent chap. And he has a most difficult job. The Journal should be worth the price of membership.
To get the publication to approach the level of content of the Black Powder Cartridge News is going to be a monumental task. I'm not so
much interested in glossy paper and color photos as the content. (Though it is probably proprietary information I am curious as to the circulation of the BPC News. Is that magazine sent to the printer in final form direct from Steve Garbe or is there another editor?)

Fred

IP Logged

Black_Prince
Ex Member

Re: Etta Green, Archives, Journal
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Fredrick

Well stated and I agree.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
As I contributing editor to the SSRJ I just received an electronic draft of the first Journal published by the new editor WITH a new publisher as well.  I am frankly blown away by the increase in content, print quality, and just all-around coolness!  Cool  If you don't like this one, you are obviously a closet follower of Sarah Brady!   Cheesy

I won't say any more about it until they start hitting the mail, but that you are all going to be really, really pleased!  Way to go John!

Frpoggie

IP Logged

Irascible
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
"I'm not so much interested in glossy paper and color photos as the content".
I think the color on the cover is good, it makes one feel as though he is getting more for ones money.
Color on the inside? Eh! 
Glossy paper, ABSOLUTELY. Nothing annoys me more than the current lot of computer generated flat, no contrast and detail lacking photos in most newsletters and cheaply produced books.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint