Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Restoring rifles (Read 8756 times)
Tom_Trevor assra life no.71
Oldtimer

Tom Trevor

Re: Restoring rifles
Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Following the posts on this subject are interesting, Lets take the automotive world ,if you find the screw that holds the door handle on a RollsRroyce and then gather enough parts to assemble it with new paint chrome ,upholstery, and , and, and. The auctioneers proclaim it the finest of restorations and it sells for over one million dollars.Yet find a rifle with a burred screw head and its trash at auction.
I have to think at some point the arms world will follow the automotive world. Shocked

IP Logged

DonH
Ex Member

Re: Restoring rifles
Reply #16 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 4:29am
Print Post  
I too liked the comments from mes. Makes me wonder what future generations of shooters will think about all those Ruger SS rifles we are so willing to strip down for the actions. As for 1903 Springfields, what about all of them (including priatine ones, maybe even mint) which were stripped down to the actions and "sporterized" into Griffin & Howe custom rifles, the equal of any rifle built anywhere? I love the original military rifles but offer me a stock 1903 and a G&H custom and see which one I grab!.
I am glad there are collectors. they can preserve the stuff too valuable to shoot and I will take the shooters and enjoy shooting them. I guess it boils down to whatever trips your trigger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint