Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic More about Feckers (Read 2314 times)
Brent
Ex Member

More about Feckers
May 22nd, 2007 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
I just ordered a new set of bases from Steve Earl for my newest Fecker scope.  I had a heck of a time mounting the scope because its dovetails seemed to be too small to fit over the standard blocks that I had ready for this rifle and scope.   

After a lot of time on my "mill" - 200 grit wet/dry paper on a block - I got it to fit. But damn it took some work.  And it was more or less all for naught.   I found that I could barely shoot 100 yds with these blocks and need considerable more elevation.   

Anyway, Steve has exactly what I need, not only taller blocks but blocks made specifically for Fecker scopes (i.e., slightly undersized).  These blocks still work with the Unertls and Lyman STSs but they will save one the hassle of becoming a human milling machine.   

I've had several Feckers that all mounted pretty easily on my various blocks but this one was a bit of a challenge - if you run into the same problem, give him a call - he advertises in SSE and other places.   

Brent

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Re: More about Feckers
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2007 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
since this is the offical website of the ASSRA
Steve Earle is an advertiser in "Single Shot Rifle Journal" the offical 
publication of the ASSRA.   I have several Earle scope blocks - he makes a fine product.   

Steve Earle Products Inc.
24 Palmer Rd.,  Plympton, MA 02367
(781) 585-6504
ssmugwump@eadelphia.net

you all have agood day now - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: More about Feckers
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2007 at 7:42am
Print Post  
I'm of the opinion that Steve makes nothing but the most excellent products that fit the persnikkity-precision oriented aspects of our single shot hobby/cult/whatever.  In everything from the most humble of scopeblock mounting screws to his Earle/Wesson action I think he's made a second religion of "precision". Wink
  In addition he seems to enjoy the challenge of solving the oddball problems that crop up when dealing with our toys.  I know he helped me solve a problem with an european made single shot in a creative and elegant way that really suited the nature of the gun.

While its pretty much common courtesy to recommend the goods and services of the guys and gals who help sponsor the Journal with their advertising dollars, ALL of them, that I have had personal experience with those goods and services, have been really nice people to work with, folks I'd be happy to recommend, even if they were not advertisers, and Steve is a prime example of this.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint