Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Frame or Block Hung Hammer ?? (Read 11959 times)
Brent
Ex Member

Re: Frame or Block Hung Hammer ??
Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Glenn, I'd love the Zischang triggers if only they existed.  Who the heck is Jesterly Fortune.

Brent

IP Logged

gwahir
Senior Forum Member

Ve gets too soon olt und
too late shmart.

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Might have been an interesting discussion if the origional question had been addressed!!

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #17 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 8:58am
Print Post  
I think that frontier armory has a casting kit for the Zischang triggers. Argus Barker will convert a Borchardt to double sets in the Zischang style. Be aware that the wait time may be excesive with Argus.

40 Rod

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Do you have an email or website or phone for Frontier?

Thanks,
Brent

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you have an email or website or phone for Frontier?

Thanks,
Brent

Hello Brent, perhaps I can help. See:- (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Wes Stanley is difficult to contact I understand and slow in replying to Emails. I'm still waiting for him to reply to mine from 6 months ago. Best perhaps to ring him.

Harry

IP Logged

drc

Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Glenn,

"These complete Model 1878 Sharps Borchardt Machinist Drawings have all the detail it takes to make a complete rifle or just that part your rifle is missing. Drawings for the Zischang double set triggers are also included. All the angles and radii, measurements, screw threads etc. These would also make interesting framed conversation pieces to decorate your loading room. These complete drawings are large blue print size pages. "

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

dave

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
drc wrote on Sep 21st, 2006 at 8:00am:
Glenn,

"These complete Model 1878 Sharps Borchardt Machinist Drawings have all the detail it takes to make a complete rifle or just that part your rifle is missing. Drawings for the Zischang double set triggers are also included. All the angles and radii, measurements, screw threads etc. These would also make interesting framed conversation pieces to decorate your loading room. These complete drawings are large blue print size pages. "

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

dave

If these plans are the same set that were drawn in 2000 by the Moeller Machine and tool Co., then it isn't possible to build a Borchardt action or either the Zischchang or Zika DST's from them alone. A lot of dimensions are missing, some are incorrect, and some can only be deduced by consulting several of the drawings and doing some calculations. 

I have the Moeller Borchardt Drawings (7 in all) each roughly 3'x2' A whole page is devoted to each of the DST's. As you may have seen elsewhere on this 'Board' I am building a copy of this rifle action. 

If it were not for the help of some very generous friends who have supplied me with dimensions taken from their own rifles and supplied a copious number of photographs, my project would have ground to a halt weeks ago.

I cannot comment on the plans offered by Buffalo Arms as I haven't seen them, and as far as I am aware no reader of this 'Board' has. I wish someone had, we could compare notes, to see if in fact they are one and the same.

The ASSRA Archive have 'sketch drawings' of both DST's for US$ 3.00 that provide exactly the same dimension information. But as I mentioned above many measurements are missing. 

Harry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint