Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ithaca Shotgun (Read 15183 times)
Brozbows

Re: Ithaca Shotgun
Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Hey Paul and all,

Re: the pics you sent, it does look like Cabelas got it right, it looks the same as my 1911 flues. I noticed the cracked of stock areas behind the action, this is a common ailment of the Flues design. My 1921 has the same cracks but luckily, I noticed the cracks and was able to glue them up before it got ugly.

Here's my 1911 Flues:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

As mentioned, there is a lot of history associated with the Flues, both the guns and maker.

And also, just limit your shooting to using target loads. Nothing to worry if the action is tight and everything checks out. I shoot both my Flues and an old Enos James hammer SxS (circa late 1800s) with no problems. I do however load my own and use 7/8oz loads of 8 shot around 1200fps. They bust clays as well as anything out to 30yds. 

There's been many fine afternoons spent with a few buddys, some cases of clays, a Do-All thrower and a few hundred shells. Go out and enjoy that piece of history then pass it on for other to do the same:-)

Regards,

Darryl

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2006 at 11:11pm by Brozbows »  

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Just for fun! This is my 1881 Marlin, customized by Emil Flues, and rollstamped with "E. Flues Bay City" on barrel, buttplate, and inside stocks. It is also marked, "#100 TESTED" inside the forearm on the barrel. 
Flues built this gun for a judge in Saginaw, Mi. in the late 1800's. When he was about 20 years old.

IP Logged

COLONEL
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
nice.regards,ben

IP Logged

Sharps1874
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Hi Darryl,

Yes I do agree after looking at your 1911 Flues, mine must be the 1912 Flues. Yours still looks very good.

Hey marlinguy,

You do have a sweet looking rifle. You must be very proud to have it.

IP Logged

Bob_Allen
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
I have a double 12ga. with side hammers and a very low serial # so I Emailed ithica and they gave me the scoop....Worked for me........
                                                                             Bob Allen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint