Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Attn Stevens 52, need match info! (Read 3057 times)
moodyholler
Oldtimer

Attn Stevens 52, need match info!
Mar 25th, 2006 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Froogie told me to contact you as I have a Stevens 4176 in 218 bee and I want to shoot bench class at your shoot. Is it a legal caliber with cast pills? WIll you send mne info on your shoot and directions? Thanks, moodyholler

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

RussW
Ex Member

Re: Attn Stevens 52, need match info!
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Moodyholler,
You probably should have put your question on the General topics page.  Stevens52 would be more likely to have seen it when he got home from taking care of Charlie Dell.
I'm not familiar with the Stevens 4176.  To shoot in our matches the rifle must be a single shot, no bolt action.  The 318 bee calibler is ok.  There are no calibre restrictions.

Directions to the Asheville Rifle and Pistol club range are:

Get onto I-26 either north or south of Asheville.  Getr off at the old exit 6.  I think it is now Exit 37 but I'm not sure.  There have been signs saying old exiyt 6.
Turn West, that is to the right if you are headed South/East.
Take the first right which is 1/2 mile, go 1 1/2 or so until it ends on Hwy 91.  Turn right.  The entance to the range is 1/4 mile on your left.  The sign is small so don't go too fast.
Russ W.

IP Logged

moodyholler
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Russ, thanks, for the directions. It is a single shot swinging block rifle. Sort of a beefed up 44 action. What are the dates for the shoot? moodyholler

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
moodyholler;            
                 This 4176 Stevens you have may be a 417 or a 416 Stevens, the last models that used the 44 type action-they had adjustable triggers and very good barrels. These Stevens were made to complete with the bolt guns of the time, namely the Win 52 and the Rem 37, they could not compete with either.   leadball

IP Logged

moodyholler
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Leadball sorry for the typo. It is indeed a 417 and originally in 22 hornet and now is 218 bee. moodyholler

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint