Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Haenel Aydt Schuetzen rifle (Read 7236 times)
chaz
Ex Member

Haenel Aydt Schuetzen rifle
Jan 17th, 2006 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me a fair price range on these rifles that are reconditioned? I'm interested in finding one but have no idea how much I would have to spend on a shooter.
charlie

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Re: Haenel Aydt Schuetzen rifle
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2006 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
German Schuetzen Rifles at the recent Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc were priced  18 to 25 hundred.   leadball

IP Logged

FITZ
Oldtimer

REGARDS

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Charlie, I my area Southeast New England, they would bring between $1500 to $2500. The 1500 would be a Rifle that showed refinish and maybe a good bore but replacement sights. As the condition gets better, unrefinished, good shape the price goes up. A really nice original condition Rifle with an excellent bore and original sights would go up around 2500.
Beyond that you have Engraved samples and elaborately carved stock work. Then you get to spend some really impressive amounts of $$$ HTH, Regards, FITZ.

FITZ

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
I paid $625 a couple years ago for mine at a internet gun auction. Not sure why it went so cheap, because it's in excellent condition, with lots of original blue and case colors.
A friend sold a very nice engraved, gold inlayed, Aydt on Auction Arms last year, and it only got $1450.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

chaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info on the prices. I just need to find something now. There does'nt seem to be alot of them  around, unlesss i'm not looking in the correct places.

Marlinguy, 
That looks like a nice rifle at that price. That is the style that i'm looking for, are those triggers as nice as they say? What bullet mold do you use, assuming that it is a 8.15x46 norm?

Charlie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint