Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Borchardt diagrams? (Read 3701 times)
gene4060
Ex Member

Borchardt diagrams?
Nov 17th, 2005 at 6:33am
Print Post  
I've a military Borchardt with poor wood and barrel that I am considering for rebuild to an offhand rifle. I could use diagrams/instructions for disassembly and reassembly so I don't mess things up. Does anyone know where to get them? Thanks,

IP Logged

Subsailor

"Sharks of Steel" U.S.
Submarine Force

Re: Borchardt diagrams?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:39am
Print Post  
gene4060,
Buffalo Arms sells Machinists Drawings of the Borchardt for $89.95 buffaloarms.com.

ASSRA #9843
N-SSA 6785-V
NRA
LT. USN (Retired)
U.S.Submarine Veterans Inc.
Silent Service MC
GTalkYIM  
IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Get Single Shot Rifles and Actions by DeHass. There are some reasonably good drawings and a step by step explaination on how to take it apart and put it back togeather. 

40 Rod

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Any single shot enthusiast that doesn't have a copy of DeHaas' book is severely short changing him or her self. I cannot overemphasize this FACT.

Further, I believe that this book is out of print. Frank's son, Mark, has a number of copies left (I have no idea how many) but it is entirely possible that when the present supply is gone that WILL BE IT. I suggest that ANYONE who thinks he or she might like a copy order NOW!

With the Holidays coming up, this is an excellent idea for a nice, rather inexpensive, gift to that special person. I guarantee that it will be enthusiastically received if the recipient does not already have it (the rest of DeHaas' books are good, also).

Just a word to the wise.

Dale53

IP Logged

gene4060
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I have the referenced book as well as the follow-up book,"More Singleshot Actions". I had forgotten that detailed instructions were contained therein. Thanks again, Tongue

IP Logged

Tentman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Hello Folks

The De Haas books are available (new) from Ray Riling Arms books, use the ABE site to find him.  I purchased 4 recently, and got good service from them.

Cheers - Foster

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint