Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) ASSRA Constitutional Changes? (Read 4976 times)
opie
Ex Member

ASSRA Constitutional Changes?
Jun 1st, 2005 at 11:03am
Print Post  
What are the results of the proposed constitutional changes voting?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jim_Borton
Global Moderator

Re: ASSRA Constitutional Changes?
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 11:35am
Print Post  
All Changes were passed!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Hugs & Kisses
ASSRA life
NRA life
NMLRA life

IP Logged

Asst
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Yep they passed

76 Yes

0 NO

What a turn out.

IP Logged

PETE
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Keith,

Do I detect a note of sarcasm here?  Grin

And people wonder why they don't get the chance to vote for the BoD, etc. Probably just my imagination but it seems more people were crying on here that they don't get a chance to vote for the BoD members, or other important measures, than actually voted.

Nah! Just gotta be my imagination.

PETE

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 10:12am
Print Post  
After all that has been said over the last couple of years I have come to the opinion ASSRA is an Etna Green Club. If you don't attend you have no say.

I don't have any complaint about that but it does change my expectations.  I enjoy the matches have some good Friends that go to Etna Green and are involved in club direction.  But I don't expect it to serve my wishes or desires. My opinion is If you cannot vote you should not be concerned about club direction.

It makes it all a lot simpler. Shoot and leave the politics to someone else.

Boats

IP Logged

opie
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 11:14am
Print Post  
I mailed my ballot in, and will continue to do so whenever I'm given the opportunity.  How many mail-in ballots were received?

IP Logged

Asst
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 11:16am
Print Post  
76  was the mail in votes.

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
I go to EG when I can and I was there this past shoot, only I had to leave before the meeting on Saturday night. Based on my past attendance at the meetings, I don't think attendance has been more than 30 or 40 people. This means the paper vote had almost twice as many voters as we would have had with a meeting only vote. I don't know the exact membership numbers, but I venture to say we had more than 10% voting. Now if you spend much time in volunteer organizations, a 10% participation is about the norm. It's a start...

Ed

IP Logged

Lee_Stone
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
I sent in my ballot. From the number of counted ballots, it is quite obvious that the vast majority of members did not. I cannot help but wonder why.

IP Logged

JDSteele
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
I sent in my ballot. From the number of counted ballots, it is quite obvious that the vast majority of members did not. I cannot help but wonder why.

Possibly because the new changes were mostly political & did NOT address their concerns?
Cheers, Joe

IP Logged

dws8130
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2005 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
In general, mail-in volunteer responses of all kinds have a VERY low rate of reply, .  Statistically speaking the 76 responses that were received bettered by almost a factor of 2 what would be generally expected.

It would be an interesting research project to go back and look at other ASSRA mail-in votes, examine the issues, and see what the response rate was as a percentage of membership.

it is recognized that the issues voted upon were rather picyunish, but they were neccessary actions required to get the org. back on a legally solid footing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint