Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BSA Martini Shooters Only (Read 3192 times)
MI-shooter

BSA Martini Shooters Only
Dec 17th, 2004 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Folks...The discussion about the lack of good round aperatures for the BSA (Parker Hale) sights lead me on a quest to find a solution. Sure, Lee Shaver makes a good assortment card of aperatures, but only three round ones are included. This gentleman makes the clear inserts with hole sizes of 2mm to 6mm in 0.2mm increments. You get a set of 10 in a plastic case devided into 10 compartments. They are optically clear and 3mm thick. He is in the UK so depending on the dollar to pound conversion, his price may vary from time to time. As of 2 weeks ago, a set cost me $20USD delivered. Delivery time was 7 business days. The sets I got were of excellent quality and fit very closely to the sight. I know some games do not allow them, but ASSRA schuetzen rules do allow them. Anyway, they get my thumbs up! He takes paypal or yankee dollars. Good shooting!

Neilwprice@aol.com

IP Logged

445supermag
Ex Member

Re: BSA Martini Shooters Only
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:54am
Print Post  
sarco has the glob front sites for 15$. Large site with one insert and that is a post. They are parker hale.

IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Re: BSA Martini Shooters Only
Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2005 at 11:23pm
Print Post  

I needed a front sight insert last year for a Winchester? stlye globe with spirit level, the kind with the dovetail at the bottom and held in by the spirit level. I had super glued a piece of wire around the aperture to make it wide enough that I could see it at the end of a 32" barrel.  A local trophy shop has a laser engraving machine which can cut almost anything except metal. I had a piece of black fish paper, used as knife making spacer material, that was the same thickness as the original insert. I put it on a photocopier and made a copy of it, and the trophy shop cut a perfect duplicate out of the fish paper. The fish paper was about .050" or .030" thick, I think. Works great and fits perfectly. There is another name for fish paper but I cant think of it right now. Getting too old, I guess. Joe S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint