Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Barrel relining input (Read 17609 times)
Brent
Ex Member

Re: Barrel relining input
Reply #15 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
 Price was real reasonable, but the re-case job turned off a coupla guys on here who shall remain nameless  Smiley.

That would be me for one!  I'm a picky bastard.  And the squirrels are holding it against me too.  Since I didn't buy it and thus, Pete did,  lots of squirrels have been harrassed and even killed as a result of that, and the fact that Pete's retired and I ain't!  But wait until I get a free weekend with my "new" old lowwall.  One day soon, it will be shooting.

The thing I like best about this rifle is the checkering.  Very nice and just a bit different w/o being overbearing at all.   

It's a nice rifle.   

Brent

IP Logged

PETE
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Brent,

You got it checkered already? Did you use the pattern off my Low Wall? Only time I've ever seen that particular one. Does set the gun off nicely!

PETE

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Pete, no checkering yet.  Having trouble getting someone to do it.  That is not an easy pattern.   

But checkering will have to wait until at least post squirrels and post winter league.  I've got the wood ready to go as soon as Tom gets done doing his magic with coat hangers and electricity.

Brent

IP Logged

PETE
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Brent,

Nuts! I was looking forward to seeing it real soon. Like Squirrel hunting when you get back from "Goat" hunting. Taking the .45/100 for that, or the .38/55? I figure after the 100 rds. at the Buffalo Match this past weekend with the /100 you might need to take something smaller.  Grin

Also will be interested in seeing how the welds match up with the rest of the barrel when you're done bluing it. That's gonna be rust blue..... right? I know from my own experience tig welding that matching up new rod with old material is no easy chore.

PETE

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Pete,
Both rifles are going west.  It will be hard to leave the Sharps in the truck but I'm intending to take the highwall 38-55, but if the mood strikes me, the Sharps gets hauled out.   

I will rust the barrel.  I think it will come out well enough.  If the welds are visible, well, that's life.  I won't get really up tight about that.  I just want to shoot the darn thing!   

Brent

IP Logged

PETE
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Brent,

The guys doing the welding for you told me they've done this kind of work before on the old guns and the work has turned out well. They weld for a business so they'd be where I'd take it locally.

Not to throw water on this new gun project, but how cheap will it be if you get beat in the Winter League!?  Grin

PETE

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
How cheap!!!!

Why, I'll put my highwall against your's!  But mine ain't for sale and when you see it, you might not want to touch it.  It wouldn't fit ya anyway.  Smiley

Besides, mine has that ugly english walnut wood for the stock....Smiley

Brent

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Brent/Pete ---    I have a hiwall that needs a bit of welding done.  Who is doing the tig work for you and how do I contact them ??  How about a ph. no.  ?   Ken

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Ken,
email comin' at ya.
Brent

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 8:54am
Print Post  
To all, Pete and I are experimenting with trying to get pictures to load.   

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Pete, it appears that "IMG" or "img" works today.  Yesterday I thought it had to be upper case.  Apparently not. 

Also, if you look at the upper right hand corner of this message, you will see the word "Quote".  Thats a hot button to include the message in your reply.  A new box opens for you to type in your response and in that box you will see the message  you are responding too, more or less in html code, including the code that loads the picture.   

Brent

IP Logged

PETE
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Brent,

Looked at the message using the quote button and see how you did it. Works a lot differently than I thought it would. Since I have to install the picture on a web page in order to get it installed on the web site I would have thought you needed to go thru the web page in order to call it up. Apparently once it's on the site it can be called up by just addressing it. Will have to do some testing to see if that's the case. Would make life a lot simpler! Thanks for your effort on this.

Was also wondering about the size it would appear as in the message, and how fast it would load. I knew I'd have to reduce the size and pixel count or it would have been about 4 times screen size and took a coupla minutes to upload whenever some one accessed that message, but wasn't sure exactly what would be needed. Looks like I did that part alright.

Thanks for your help!

PETE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint