Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Miller Rifles (Read 13412 times)
ali
Ex Member

Miller Rifles
Oct 2nd, 2004 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have any information on the Miller rifle that Dakota Arms will be selling?

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Re: Miller Rifles
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Ali
They are the same Millers that Miller made before they merged. They have joined with Dakota Arms, Little Sharps and Nesika Bay. From what I saw at the NRA convention the quality is just as good when they were out on their own. 

40 Rod

IP Logged

ali
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
40 Rod,

I have not been able to find any reviews on Miller Rifles. I believe they were first designed by Milton Farrow in 1890. Do you know if it shoot well?

Ali

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
The Dehaas--Miller was designed by Frank Dehaas sometime in the  70's.  If benchrest is your only interest, the Dehaas-Miller is probably the best rifle to buy, not because its more accurate but its eaisier to shoot. Its a stricker-action with a good single trigger. The Dehaas-Miller is also the most expensive [new] schuetzen rifle --well over $4000 big ones with a scope and loading tools. 
        Personally I would rather have 2 CPA Stevens rifles for the same money.   leadball

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Ali 

OK I get it now you are talking about the Miller F action not the Miller. The original. Miller action is as Leadball described.
The F action is Millers version of the Farrow action. I did handle one of these actions at the NRA show it locked up like a bank vault. It was tight and crisp and very smooth. How much Miller changed the original action I couldn't tell but if I had to guess it seemed a little wider than the original that I saw a few years ago.

40 Rod

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
If your interest is in a copy of the Farrow action ----
Steve Earle (maker of the Wesson action) will be making an exact duplicate in the future . The only difference is that the action will be about 15% oversized from the original spec's. This change will allow a 45-90 to be accomidated.  The workmanship will be much higher and the price will be somewhat lower. I have the highest regards for Steves work as all who have seen it will testify.     Ken

IP Logged

Ali
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Rod 40,

Thank you for the info. I just got a copy of Single Shot rifles by James J. Grant. He shows a picture of Farrows rifle with double set triggers. One is pointer forward and one is pointed aft. It looks exactly like the Dakota rifle. Is that a Miller F action?

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
That IS a partial copy of the original Farrow action BUT, it's not a 100% copy.  Ken

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint