Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hepburn stock (Read 10186 times)
ken_hurst
Ex Member

Hepburn stock
Jun 10th, 2004 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
For the general info of this august group ,   you should be made aware that we are graced by an expert stock maker in the personage of one First Shirt ( AKA Greg Parnell).  He sent me some pic's of a near completed stock set he has done for me and has done a fantastic job !!  I would strongly encourage you to consider him for your needs --- I already am in line to have another #5 roller done for me by him.  Ask if he will send you pic's. You might have to tweek your brightness controll a bit but it is worth it.  Our own HST (AKA Glenn Fewless has installed an oct/rd. bbl in 40-50 SBN of his own making and completely built up the action from cast parts. You can see the level of quality in his work while looking at the pic's of the stocks as action is attached.  FWIW,   Ken

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Hepburn stock
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2004 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I sent my blanks off to Dave Crossno, and had them 90% inletted, then final fitted them myself. I'm no stock maker, so I needed all the help I could get! Got any pictures of the stocks First Shirt made for you?
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Re: Hepburn stock
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2004 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
No guy, Firet Shirt has them and will be grtting better ones this week end when he turns it over to Glenn Fewless for some final touches.  Ask First ahirt to send you some.   Ken

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint