Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) There is nothing worse than a Thief (Read 1109 times)
bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: There is nothing worse than a Thief
Reply #15 - Sep 25th, 2024 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
I am puzzled as to why this Beckham email account has asked everyone where they are.  Maybe they are looking to do a face to face transaction and do an armed robbery.

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

rollingblock
Senior Forum Member

Reply #16 - Sep 25th, 2024 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Same happened to me Monday. I’ve posted that I wanted to buy some 44-77 brass with the .085 rim thickness in the for sale/looking to buy section.
I checked my PMs Monday evening and found two messages from a Chris Thayer stating: hello are you still interested in getting this? you can contact Rick he has 44-77 brass with .085 thick rims, contact him at Rickbeckham88@gmail.com
I sent “Rick” a email stating what I was looking for and he reply’s that he had 100 cases he would sell at $2.00 a piece including shipping, and to give him my location. I responded that he send me his mailing address and I would send him a check. He responded he cannot take checks because of his work, and to send payment by Zelle or cashapp. By now I know this is a scam and checked on Chris Thayer to see how legit a member he is and found he’s only been registered on the site for one day.  I replied to “Beckham”  and told him I would drive to where he is located and pay him and/or Chris Thayer in person, wanting to see what type of reaction and response I would get from him. In less than a minute I get a email notification that Beckham’s email Rickbeckham88@gmail.com is no longer active.
I think whoever is doing this, Chris Thayer and Rick Beckham are one and the same person. Whoever typed the posts and emails had the same poor English and writing abilities. 
Wow, it’s nice to know I was not the only one they contacted.
So the plot thickens… Huh
And there are individuals worse then thieves: murderers, child molesters, and rapist to name just a few.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2024 at 10:43pm by rollingblock »  

IP Logged

yamoon
Oldtimer

NRA Life, ASSRA , GGCA,
MCA

Reply #17 - Sep 25th, 2024 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Over the years I bought several molds from NEI, I ordered one after Walt died, to make a long story short I paid in advance never got the mold or a refund just the run around when I called over a period of months. I finally gave up. Some thieves are not scammers, sometimes you get ripped off even when you think it is a safe transaction.
Mike

IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2024 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
I agree there is nothing worse than a thief!
It is discouraging to see that several members have had bad experiences, so I want to comment on my experience. 
I started collecting World War Two relics in about 1967 as a high school freshman. I started getting involved in shooting in about 1980, when I finally got out of school and got out on my own. Since then, I have had many great experiences with gun dealers, collectors and shooters, and never had a bad experience. I have called several individuals who sent merchandise to me without requiring payment in advance. One fellow sent me a box of trapdoor parts and suggested that I pick out what I want and return the rest with a check for the parts that I wanted to keep. 
Not so with the militaria crowd. I made many lifelong friends and  dealt with many honest and trustworthy collectors and dealers, but I learned after a short while that the military collecting field has way more snakes and crooks than the gun crowd. It amazes me to this day that some of these people managed to avoid getting shot or at least seriously beat up by the people they cheated. In many cases, some serious money was involved.
At any rate, I applaud those who discovered the scammers on our website. They also contacted me and I replied, but was not interested in following up on their offer. 
as they say, Caveat Emptor!

Joe S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint