Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Black Powder Bench Rest Match (Read 810 times)
RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Black Powder Bench Rest Match
Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
This post is the initial step in spreading the word about our BP bench rest event at next year's ISSA Schuetzenfest at NRA Whittington Center. I do know of one local Raton shooter and he already attends our match every year. 
bpjack - thank you for your feedback. All comments are appreciated and taken into consideration. "Local shooters" for the ISSA includes all of the country but mostly west of the Mississippi River. One of the most essential factors in making this event even moderately successful will be to get the word out to the Schuetzen, BPCR and BPCTR worlds.
The idea of this match is still in the early planning stages and more details will follow . . .

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

Al Aub
Participating Member

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I think this is a great idea I hope it takes off.I would love to see this at the local level.thanks for promoting a match like this.

IP Logged

silver

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
One thing that would get the word out is to post it on the Shiloh riffle forum
A lot of people on there are out west. I’ve tried a couple of times
To join but never get a reply, so I gave up. Or I would mention it there. Maybe

IP Logged

vbull

Reply #18 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
We just finished a Black powder bench rest match at the Old Saratoga Muzzleloading Club.  Its been going on for a few years but only a couple of us have been shooting in it.  We're limited to single shot cartridge rifles using the same basic rules as BPCR with the exception of any scope or power.  It is shot at 100 yards using the NMLRA 50 yard round ball bench rest target.  The "X" ring is roughly .375" with the 10 ring .900" half the bullet or more to count.  We've been using mostly .32-40's and getting a 50 is really tough.  So far it's only been done once.  Shooting a .32-40 using black powder is a frustrating experience!  There are at least 5 other events from 100 to 200 yards, bench, offhand and sitting.
30 years ago, you had to arrive early to get a spot to shoot as there were a good many competitors.  Today it has dropped off so much many of the events don't get enough competitors to fill out all the awards.  There were several other clubs that had similar events but have all disappeared.  I like the idea of the event but don't travel long distance to shoot any longer.  Check it out, OSMLC next to the Saratoga National cemetery.

IP Logged

beltfed
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2024 at 10:53am
Print Post  
We have been shooting a BP match at the ISSA Regionals
for many years at Eau Claire.
10 shots bench, 10 shots Offhand at usual 200yds, and regular 
ISSA target. Iron sights only. BP or Duplex ok.
This year only 5 or 6 shooters, usually we have 8 or more.
beltfed/arnie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint