Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Green Mountain 25% sale (Read 847 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Green Mountain 25% sale
Aug 22nd, 2024 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Just a note here. Green Mountain Barrels has all their products on sale again for the month of August at 25% off.
I just ordered a 1.20" 1:16" twist .22LR barrel for a whopping $92 at the sale price.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

JHand
Participating Member

Re: Green Mountain 25% sale
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2024 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I really need to learn to use a lathe and fit barrels. Wouldn't mind converting my japchester to 22...

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2024 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
JHand wrote on Aug 22nd, 2024 at 12:34pm:
I really need to learn to use a lathe and fit barrels. Wouldn't mind converting my japchester to 22...

I don't own a lathe that has a driven feed, so I can't thread with mine. I have to pay to have the barrels fitted to my actions, and then I can do the rest of what's needed. 
The GM 1.20" full round barrel is going to go on my Ballard #3F Fine Gallery Scheutzen rifle. I'll set aside the original light octagon barrel and forearm, and make up a new forearm to fit the heavy round barrel.
I had a local friend who did barrel fitting for me, but he sadly passed away a few months ago, so I'll probably have to send this to Pat at C. Sharps to fit it now.

IP Logged

idjeffp
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2024 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Wishing they had a nice .32-20 blank for sale... Sad

I have a friend selling a very nice Eigen 1235GH lathe and Rong-Fu style mill if anyone is interested - Boise, ID area. Wink
Jeff P

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2024 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Yes, for whatever reason they don't seem to offer anything for a .311"-.313" at all? I'd have bought one of those too if they did. I got a spare .40 caliber 14.5" twist #4 weight last month at their annual July sale, but don't have anything yet to put it on. I usually buy their 16" twist .40's, but they weren't in stock.

IP Logged

idjeffp
Senior Forum Member

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2024 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
If you search for "32-20" this one comes up... but out of stock!

Vall - I sent you an email... Wink

Cheers!
Jeff P

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2024 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
idjeffp wrote on Aug 23rd, 2024 at 2:20pm:
If you search for "32-20" this one comes up... but out of stock!

Vall - I sent you an email... Wink

Cheers!
Jeff P

Thanks. That's a very lightweight barrel for maybe a lever action repeater like an 1892 WIn. or 1888, 89 or 94 Marlin. 

IP Logged

nuclearcricket
Oldtimer

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2024 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Sadly their 32-20 barrels have  been out of stock for quite some time. I don't know what it would take for them to make a run of either octagon or just round blanks but it sure would be nice. 
Sam

IP Logged

GunBum

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2024 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
nuclearcricket wrote on Aug 23rd, 2024 at 6:31pm:
Sadly their 32-20 barrels have  been out of stock for quite some time. I don't know what it would take for them to make a run of either octagon or just round blanks but it sure would be nice. 
Sam

I email them and ask every 3-4 months.  If more people did the same maybe they would see the demand and make the barrels.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2024 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
I called about their 27" heavy round .22RF barrels, and asked to be put on their notify me list. The gal was happy to do it, but they didn't tell me. That was just a month ago, so when I checked I was surprised to see they had them, but hadn't contacted me to complete the purchase.

IP Logged

condorsc

NRA Life/Benefactor, ASSRA,
SCV Life

Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2024 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Aug 22nd, 2024 at 6:48pm:

I don't own a lathe that has a driven feed, so I can't thread with mine. I have to pay to have the barrels fitted to my actions, and then I can do the rest of what's needed. 
The GM 1.20" full round barrel is going to go on my Ballard #3F Fine Gallery Scheutzen rifle. I'll set aside the original light octagon barrel and forearm, and make up a new forearm to fit the heavy round barrel.
I had a local friend who did barrel fitting for me, but he sadly passed away a few months ago, so I'll probably have to send this to Pat at C. Sharps to fit it now.

If you know somebody personally that may be possible. I called them 10 days ago to have a C. Sharps takeoff barrel fitted to my Military 7mm RB and they said they're not doing private work right now because of manufacturing demands. Good Luck.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 12:22am
Print Post  
condorsc wrote on Sep 5th, 2024 at 11:24pm:
marlinguy wrote on Aug 22nd, 2024 at 6:48pm:

If you know somebody personally that may be possible. I called them 10 days ago to have a C. Sharps takeoff barrel fitted to my Military 7mm RB and they said they're not doing private work right now because of manufacturing demands. Good Luck.

Well I haven't had Pat Taylor tell me no in the past, but I also haven't had him fit a barrel since about 2 years ago. So no idea how their work load is currently?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint