Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BEESON GERMANIC .22 KING MATCH RESULTS, 7/19-20/24 (Read 340 times)
hopkinskid

ASSRA Board Member

BEESON GERMANIC .22 KING MATCH RESULTS, 7/19-20/24
Jul 25th, 2024 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
GERMAN TRADITIONAL .22 KING TARGET RESULTS, BEESON: JULY 19-20, 2024
New member Jake Northcutt made quite a stir during his first outing to Beeson Range.  Most people who wanted to shoot the German King Target had already done so, and Richard Zorin’s shot in the white of the bullseye was holding up well. Jake changed that with a shot well centered in the ¼ inch black middle of the bull. A “pinwheel” is a shot perfectly centered in the bull. He didn’t quite accomplish that but was extremely close. Jake’s shot got him first place in the event. He chose a Lowenbrau beer glass and 3 different German dark beers for his prize. In addition, he received the perforated target as a trophy and a copy of Byron Goff’s thumb drive of Vols 1-71 of our Journal (for at least touching the white of the bull). Richard remained unchallenged for 2nd with his shot in the white. He chose a Hofbrau  Pilsner and a Sprecher’s Root Beer for his two drinks and also got a thumb drive for being in the white. I came in third among the cluster of shots surrounding the bull and chose a Helles style German beer. Bob Keller is the one that gave the boar the third nostril and Roger Henderson added the anatomically correct anus.
Jake let me talk him into shooting a German Traditional 100 yard .22 Zischang target with my Swiss Rob Widmer rifle, and he shot a very credible 143-0C.  The gun has only the Swiss notched barrel rear sight, so quite a challenge in that respect. Anyway, Jake had fun playing with guns-and so did the rest of us!   
Geoff Crowe

IP Logged

hopkinskid

ASSRA Board Member

Re: BEESON GERMANIC .22 KING MATCH RESULTS, 7/19-20/24
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
The Rob. Widmer rifle, from Bienne, Switzerland.

IP Logged

hopkinskid

ASSRA Board Member

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Augustiner Brewery, in Munich, made my favorite Germanic beer when we visited Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. The Helles style was maltier than the Pilsners and came in larger servings for less money. Win, win! Note "Gegrundet 1328" on the label. It translates as "established/founded 1328". They are the oldest independent brewery in Munich and I dare say they have the beer making process figured out! Munchen is German for Munich.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2024 at 8:15am by hopkinskid »  

IP Logged

hopkinskid

ASSRA Board Member

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
The servings at the Hofbrauhaus, in Munich, were generous and delicious!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint